Located in Malibu, California, HRL has been on the leading edge of technology, conducting pioneering research and advancing the state of the art.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Looking for motivated and organized individual to join an existing integrated engineering team to help build new instrumentation hardware. Individual must be proficient in generating and controlling engineering documentation including mechanical and electrical drawings to help outsource work to outside vendors.
Must be organized and able to manage outsourcing to vendors by clearly communicating engineering requirements and impart quality control criteria to validate successful production. Must have experience in creating project plans and coordinating with other team members on delivery schedules. In addition, perform final integration and assembly of these subsystems to help improve future processes. Help support and manage laboratory inventory/procurement and the ability to support maintenance of lab instrumentation.
The ideal Candidate will be someone with 5+ years of experience in mechanical and electrical assembly of complex systems.
• Experience in a laboratory or manufacturing environment involving assembly,integration, test, and troubleshooting
• Experience following formal and informal assembly and integration processes
• Use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and ability to create and communicate using charts is necessary
• Experience with some CAD software (SolidWorks)
• Experience with product life management (PLM) software to help organize inventory.
• Understanding and application of basic electrical and mechanical engineering concepts
• Knowledge of electronic and mechanical components, specifications, and packaging
• Must be able to read, generate, and understand engineering drawings, bills of material, schematic diagrams, assembly/process instructions, and terminology
• Understanding of configuration management and inventory control is desired.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Excellent problem solving skills with good mechanical aptitude and strong organizational skills
• Ability to work well in a creative team environment, possess excellent communication skills, and have willingness to train / mentor others
• Must be able to perform tasks safely in a lab environment and be able to climb and work on ladders and/or scaffolding
• Ability to lift and move small to moderate sized test equipment
• Ability to work effectively with others and individually
• Must be able to perform tasks safely in a lab environment
Bachelors or Associates degree in mechanical, electrical engineering, or related discipline.
U.S. citizenship. Must be able to obtain and maintain US Government security clearances as required.
HRL offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, gym facilities, PTO, growth potential, and an exciting and challenging work environment.
HRL Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training or promoting, on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, U.S. military or protected veteran status, union membership, or political affiliation. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Pay Type Salary
- Malibu, CA, USA