Associate - Wills, Trusts & Estates
Pittsford, NY 14534, USA Req #181
Wednesday, December 30, 2020
Founded in 1856, Harris Beach and its subsidiaries provide a full range of legal and professional services for clients across New York state, as well as nationally and internationally. Harris Beach is among the country’s top law firms as ranked by The National Law Journal. Clients include Fortune 100 corporations, privately-held companies, emerging businesses, public sector entities, not-for-profit organizations and individuals. Principal industries Harris Beach represents include education, energy, financial, food and beverage, health care, insurance, manufacturing, medical and life sciences, real estate developers, and state and local governments and authorities. The firm’s more than 200 lawyers practice among offices throughout New York state in Albany, Buffalo, Ithaca, Melville, New York City, Rochester, Saratoga Springs, Syracuse, Uniondale and White Plains, as well as in New Haven, Connecticut and Newark, New Jersey.
Description: The WTE Associate will assist attorneys and clients with estate and trust planning and estate and trust administration.
- Drafts, reviews and revises wills, trusts, powers of attorney, health care proxies and other estate planning documents
- Drafts, reviews and revises probate and administration petitions and documents relating to estate administration
- Drafts, reviews and revises estate and trust accountings
- Drafts, reviews and revises Medicaid applications
- Researches and prepares memoranda on issues related to Medicaid and other government benefits qualification options
- Assists with pooled trust joinders and annual Medicaid recertifications as needed
- Researches and prepares memoranda concerning various issues relating to estate planning, long term care planning, estate administration and the taxation of estates and trusts
- Participates in and conducts client meetings to review and sign estate planning documents, estate administration documents and Medicaid applications
- Files petitions in Surrogate’s Court and appears in Surrogate’s Court as required
Harris Beach is committed to an inclusive environment and we welcome applications from diverse candidates. Harris Beach PLLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The firm’s policy prohibiting unlawful discrimination applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, placement, assignment of duties, training, promotion, compensation & benefits and termination. It is the policy of Harris Beach PLLC that all applicants and employees enjoy a positive, respectful and productive work environment, free from behavior, actions or language constituting unlawful harassment. Accordingly, harassment or discrimination of any kind based on an individual’s race or color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, military status, genetic predisposition, carrier status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, creed, domestic violence victim status or any other legally protected status is strictly prohibited. Harris Beach complies with the provisions of the Human Rights Law, all other State and Federal statutory and constitutional non-discrimination provisions including non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
- Pay Type Salary
- Pittsford, NY 14534, USA