Business and Commercial Litigation Associate
Description: Harris Beach seeks an associate to assist with all types of business and commercial litigation.
- Represent our clients in courtroom and mediation/arbitration proceedings
- Take and defend depositions
- Research various factual and legal issues and collaborate with senior attorneys about strategies
- Draft memoranda, pleadings, discovery demands and responses, motions, briefs, etc.
- Examinations of records and transactions underlying business disputes and investigations as to potential client claims
- 4-6+ years' experience in private practice litigation
- Admission to NYS bar (or ability to waive in)
- Exceptionally strong writing skills are required
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated high level organizational skills for prioritizing workload
- Demonstrated ability to absorb, process and understand, new information rapidly
- Must be able to manage competing priorities
- Maintains high standards of performance
- Exhibits conscientiousness, dedication, self-discipline, and a sense of responsibility
- Must have a professional, cooperative, positive and flexible attitude
- Ability to work with diverse personalities within various levels of the organization
- Some overnight travel may be required
- Military experience a plus
Harris Beach is committed to an inclusive environment and we welcome applications from diverse candidates. Harris Beach PLLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Pittsford, NY 14534, USA