Commercial Real Estate and Litigation Administrative Assistant
Description: The administrative assistant works closely with attorneys in the Commercial Real Estate Practice Group acting as an overall gatekeeper for assigned attorneys while keeping them organized. The successful candidate will be able to adapt to differing work styles and personalities, multitask with ease, exercise sound and intuitive judgment, and provide quick turnaround of assigned tasks while ensuring accuracy.
- Respond to a high volume of phone calls on multiple lines; communicate with external and internal parties professionally; transmit messages accurately and promptly.
- Maintain calendars and schedule court appointments, meetings, and conference calls.
- Transcribe and type correspondence, memoranda and other legal documents such as RJIs, deposition transcripts, briefs, affidavits, legal backs, etc.; proofread and ensure quality of legal documents.
Assist with documents for purchase and sale agreements, zoning and development approvals
Proof read documents and ensure proper recording
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, including FedEx and certified mail.
- Coordinate appearance dates and filings with local, state, federal, and appellate courts and agencies.
- Manage docketing and e-filing using electronic filings systems like NYSCEF and ECF.
- Coordinate copying and messenger services for the prompt production and delivery of documents.
- Process check requests and expense reimbursements.
- Open new matters with the Records department.
- Maintain and update files; process files as needed for records storage and retrieval.
- Input attorney time entries as needed; review pre-bills as needed Assist with attorney billing procedures as needed.
- Coordinate travel arrangements as needed.
- Other administrative tasks as requested by attorneys and office manager.
- 2+ years’ experience as an administrative assistant in commercial real estate.
- Superb organizational skills for prioritizing workload and managing competing priorities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and the aptitude for learning new technologies and programs.
- Ability to quickly absorb, understand, analyze, and utilize new information.
- A positive, professional, cooperative, and flexible attitude.
- Exhibits conscientiousness, dedication, ownership, and pride in work.
- Experience providing administrative support to a general litigation team, including e-filing and docketing preferred.
- Experience working with local (i.e. Nassau and Suffolk), state, federal, and appellate courts and agencies preferred.
- Familiarity with CourtSupport, NetDocuments, Chrome River, and/or Carpe Diem.
- Thorough command of the English language including excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, form and style with the ability to compose professional correspondence.
- Excellent client service and listening skills.
- Maintains high standards of performance.
- Ability to work with diverse personalities within various levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and independently, as well as coordinate with a team.
- Exercises sound independent judgment under minimal direct supervision.
- Enhances own professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, participation in professional organizations and reading of current literature.
Military experience a plus.
Harris Beach is committed to an inclusive environment and we welcome applications from diverse candidates. Harris Beach PLLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Uniondale, NY, USA