Senior Software Engineer / Developer
Virtual Req #333
Thursday, October 22, 2020
Home Point Financial Corporation (HPFC) is a rising star in the financial services industry. At Home Point, we created a culture that encourages community, caring and open communication. We want our associates to speak up, become innovators and make impactful changes – no matter what position they hold within the company. What makes our team special? Our “We Care” approach in all that we do. At HPFC we collaborate, question the norm, reinvent and help each other succeed. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your career, then we have a great opportunity for you!
The role of the Senior Software Engineer is to build and provide ownership over high-quality, innovative, and high-performance software that complies with coding standards and technical design. As a senior engineer, you will also contribute to software design, continuous improvement initiatives, and technical guidance and mentoring.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work in an Agile Scrum environment, focusing on sustainable development of high performance scalable, and maintainable enterprise solutions.
- Participate in design discussions around architecture and business requirements with the Lead Engineer, architects, product owners, and business analysts. Work with a fairly undefined and unbounded problem to produce scalable solutions.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to local and offshore teams.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement and development best practices across products, teams, architecture, and implementations.
- Ensure successful system delivery to the production environment and assist the operations and support team in resolving production issues as necessary.
- Conduct code reviews to ensure adherence to coding best practices.
Education and/or Experience:
- Significant experience in software development delivering solutions into production and a track record of getting stuff done.
- Self-motivating, self-directing, a great communicator, and a desire to take personal responsibility to complete tasks and solve problems.
- Prior enterprise-level development and lifecycle experience. Experienced in working on large enterprise, high-availability, software products before.
- Strong understanding of the .NET development stack, relational databases, SQL, and ORM technologies working on the Microsoft Azure, or similar, cloud platform.
- Proficient in C#.
- Experience developing software in an agile environment and shipping features in a fast-moving, cross-disciplinary team (Product Owners, Designers, Business Analysts, QA, etc.)
- Experience successfully working remotely and/or with geographically dispersed teams.
- Mortgage industry and/or Financial Services experience is a plus.
- Experience with SPA frameworks (e.g. React, Angular) is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to remain current on technical updates and apply new knowledge to the job.
- Strong analytical skills to solve and model complex business requirements.
- Sound understanding of software development best practices.
- Ability to collaborate on a cross-disciplinary team with and clearly communicate solutions to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Must exhibit strong professionalism and be effective working with senior management.
- Ability to multitask and effectively manage time.
- Ability to perform tasks and complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work on call support including weekends on rotational basis.
- Ability to provide, as well as receive, feedback collaboratively and in a constructive manner.
Home Point Financial Corporation (HPFC) is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Pay Type Salary