Director - Loss Mitigation Closing
The Director - Loss Mitigation Closing will manage the Loss Mitigation Closing team. The team will evaluate borrowers for final modification approval, order and send the final modification documents, coordinate the modification booking process, report booking status to agency websites, and all other functions inclusive of the Loss Mitigation closing process.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coach and Develop Associates
- Create, update, and maintain loss mitigation policies, procedures, and job aids.
- Manage operational metrics to monitor business and staff effectiveness through scorecards and reporting
- Work with Sr. Manager to optimize department through process improvement and project management endeavors
- Oversee vendor network through meetings and scorecards
- Partner with other business areas (Loss Mit, Collections, Escrow, Tax, Cash, Investor Accounting, Default Reporting, etc.) to close gaps and limit risk.
- Manage and control timelines for completion of various tasks
- Maintain investor metrics and protocols for processing of all documents.
- Develop weekly and monthly reporting metrics for senior management team
- Conduct yearly reviews with staff
- Communicate with brokers, agencies, customers, and attorneys as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Prior Loss Mitigation Closing and/or Underwriting experience
- Knowledge of Retention and Liquidation program guidelines for all loan types
- Self-starter with little direction needed to complete daily tasks and responsibilities
- Goal oriented leader with experience in managing to SLA’s, production goals and compliance requirements
- Experience in working in a fast-paced environment with ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Above average verbal and written skills
- Excellent problem resolution skills
- Customer centric and high level of customer service skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills
Education and/or Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
- Three years of management experience in mortgage servicing or mortgage industry.
- Previous Loss Mitigation experience, preferably with FHA/VA/USDA and GSE portfolios.
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Farmers Branch, TX, USA