Join our Team as we Grow Together! As the largest independent wholesale food distributor in the U.S., with 15 distribution centers from coast-to-coast, Harvest Sherwood is an essential and critical infrastructure business. We buy, sell and deliver fresh, high quality protein products and other foods to over 6,000 retail and foodservice customers. As a trusted partner and value-added link between our suppliers and customers, we meet local needs of the communities we serve reliably and frequently on a national scale.
We are One diverse Team helping our customer and vendor partners capture value and win in an increasingly dynamic environment. During the COVID-19 pandemic we have continued to operate Safely and Efficiently, and we live our other shared values every day. Trust and Integrity is the foundation of our work culture. We are Growing Together through Teamwork and Respect. We are Loyal and Committed to each other and every day we strive to do our best work with a Positive Mindset. If you share these values, we invite you to join our Team.
Harvest Sherwood is a great place to work where we can all develop and Grow Together by seizing opportunities, learning new skills, and taking on greater responsibility. We encourage you to bring your talent and effort to Harvest Sherwood and contribute to our shared success, while having fun supporting each other, serving our customers, and creating value for them, our vendors and investors, and strengthening the local communities in which we operate.
The Meat Cutter is responsible for cutting, processing of fresh meats, weighing and wrapping, receiving and rotating all meat products while maintaining proper sanitation standard and handle other responsibilities as assigned.
The Meat Cutter will be assigned duties, based on organizational needs and priorities.
- Must be proficient in meat trimming skills, and capable of maximizing the value of all cuts by meeting expected yields
- Accurately cut to trim and yield specifications as specified by information provided by cut tickets
- Properly label all products and equipment to conform to all legal and safety regulations
- Properly and accurately record all necessary data to produce assigned cutting yield tests
- Maintain work areas in compliance with U.S.D.A. guidelines
- Assemble and tear down any equipment in work area at the beginning and/or end of your shift
- Properly clean, store and maintain all knives, scales, etc. assigned to you
- Complete other duties as assigned
Harvest-Sherwood is committed to offering competitive benefits to our employees and their dependents, including paid vacation, health insurances, and a 401K plan!
*We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Warehouse
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hamilton Meats, 3515 Main Street, Chula Vista, California, United States of America