Production Packaging Associate
Join our Team as we Grow Together! As the largest independent wholesale food distributor in the U.S., with 15 distribution centers from coast-to-coast, Harvest Sherwood is an essential and critical infrastructure business. We buy, sell and deliver fresh, high quality protein products and other foods to over 6,000 retail and foodservice customers. As a trusted partner and value-added link between our suppliers and customers, we meet local needs of the communities we serve reliably and frequently on a national scale.
We are One diverse Team helping our customer and vendor partners capture value and win in an increasingly dynamic environment. During the COVID-19 pandemic we have continued to operate Safely and Efficiently, and we live our other shared values every day. Trust and Integrity is the foundation of our work culture. We are Growing Together through Teamwork and Respect. We are Loyal and Committed to each other and every day we strive to do our best work with a Positive Mindset. If you share these values, we invite you to join our Team.
Harvest Sherwood is a great place to work where we can all develop and Grow Together by seizing opportunities, learning new skills, and taking on greater responsibility. We encourage you to bring your talent and effort to Harvest Sherwood and contribute to our shared success, while having fun supporting each other, serving our customers, and creating value for them, our vendors and investors, and strengthening the local communities in which we operate.
The Production Packaging Associate is responsible for packaging, verifying weight, and labeling meat products. This position will verify pulled items are correct and help maintain inventory of packages.
The Production Packaging Associate will be assigned duties, based on organizational needs and priorities.
· Adhere to all company rules and policies to ensure safety and productivity
· Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times
· Comply with safety policies and procedures
· Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations
· Clean and maintain the store floor clean and free of debris that may pose a threat to employee and customer safety
· Complete customer orders in a timely manner
· Follow departmental procedures for safety, proper food handling, and sanitation according to local, state, and federal health code regulations
· Move stock from storage to shelf areas
· Properly wrap, weigh, and label meat trays according to weights-and-measures standards
· Remove completed or defective products or materials, placing them on moving equipment such as conveyors or in specified areas such as loading docks
· Notify management of any high end issues and reoccurring issues
· Record measurement, weight and product count and keep track of inventory
· Stack and pile finished goods into containers and prepare items for shipment
Qualifications and Experience
- One year experience in meat wrapping
- High school diploma is preferred, but not required
- Must have initiative, be dependable, and provide excellent customer service
- Ability to work with limited supervision and solve practical problems independently
- Ability to perform daily work with wrapping machinery.
Harvest-Sherwood is committed to offering competitive benefits to our employees and their dependents, including paid vacation, health insurances, and a 401K plan!
*We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Warehouse
- Job Function Production
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hamilton Meats, 3515 Main Street, Chula Vista, California, United States of America