Prepare estimates of quantities of fabricated reinforcing bars, mesh, accessories and related products required for projects on which Harris Rebar seeks to offer a bid so that contractor customers can receive timely proposals.
• Must adhere to Harris Rebar’s safety programs and standards.
• Demonstrate conduct consistent with Harris Rebar’s vision and values.
• Prepare timely estimates of the quantities of fabricated reinforcing bar, mesh, accessories and related products required for bidding projects.
• Communicate effectively and professionally with customers and branch teammates regarding all aspects of the estimating and bidding process.
• Maintain an ongoing bid calendar, including tracking for addenda and updates, to ensure accurate estimating and to keep branch management aware of bid schedules and upcoming work.
• Assist in the quoting of prices for Harris Rebar materials so that assigned customer accounts are certain to receive bids on work they are pursuing.
• Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
• Three years of experience as a reinforcing bar or structural steel detailer or equivalent construction/field estimating experience
• Knowledge of concrete structures, CRSI/ACI standards
• Two year technical or vocational degree in drafting or construction-related field
• Three years of demonstrated rebar estimating experience
• Ability to track plan revisions/bid updates against previous work
• Good communication and computer skills
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving abilities
• Ability to review bid plans to assist in the assessment of the project, project scope and bidding strategy
• Must be able to meet critical deadlines and handle changing priorities
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Must be able to work overtime when required.
• Some travel may be required.
• Typical office activities
• Walking, sitting, standing, bending
• Using hands to operate objects, tools, computers and other electronic equipment
• Lifting/handling computers and related equipment
• Vision abilities including close vision and adjusting focus
• Moderate noise level.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, Harris Rebar offers the following benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Short-Term Disability; Long-Term Disability; Life Insurance; Vacation Days; Holidays; 401K; Nucor stock purchase program; and a Tuition Scholarship Program for dependents of employees.
Harris Rebar is an AA/EEO Employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled, and a drug-free workplace.
- Pay Type Hourly
- US Central North, 3651 N. Skiles Avenue, Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America