Harkins Theatres is a privately owned and operated business, founded and based in Arizona since 1933. With 33 locations in 4 states, Harkins Theatres is the 5th largest theatre chain in North America. With more than 80 years of colorful history, Harkins Theatres remains the Southwest’s premier entertainment company.
Harkins Theatres seeks an experienced Accounting Manager to join our Accounting team at the Theatre Support Office based in beautiful Scottsdale, Arizona. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing and administering accounting operations for the receipts/revenue side of the business. They will manage and develop the staff accountant teams. The Accounting Manager also will supervise monthly close processing and analysis, as well as assist with financial statement reporting.
- Department supervision including interviewing, selecting, training, mentoring, supervising, performing annual reviews and setting development goals.
- Assists in preparation of all internal and external financial statements and related reports.
- Interfaces with external auditors and tax firm and assists in preparing for annual audits.
- Tests and implements new or changing systems or procedures for the department including updating related documentation.
- Assist finance and internal departments with accounting and reporting related matters
- Provide technical accounting subject matter expertise on the treatment of accounting transactions and related financial reporting requirements
- Monthly assists accounting team in preparation of trial balance and work papers.
- Reviews fixed asset accounting including book and tax.
- Monthly analysis of general ledger accounts.
- Reviews the work of accounting staff including monthly balance sheet workpapers and P&L analytics.
- Assists in review of all company contracts and researching proper accounting treatment.
- Prepares annual external census reporting.
- Communicates effectively in writing and verbally to all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and 8 years of accounting close experience.
- CPA certification preferred.
- Experience in Microsoft office including strong Excel skills.
- Netsuite experience preferred.
- Embraces Harkins inclusiveness and treats everyone with respect. Works well as part of a team and assumes the best intentions of everyone. Works collaboratively to achieve company goals.
- Maintains a professional attitude and demeanor. Demonstrates unimpeachable integrity and accountability. Communicates professionally in all circumstances.
- Supervisory/training/mentoring experience.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Movie theatre experience a plus.
- Competitive pay
- Excellent Health Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision) dramatically subsidized by the company
- Short/long-term disability and life insurance plans 100% paid by company
- Paid time off in addition to sick pay benefits and paid holidays
- Free soda and popcorn in the office
- FREE MOVIES and much more!
Harkins Theatres is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family Accounting
- Pay Type Hourly
- Scottsdale, AZ, USA