Harkins Theatres is a privately owned and operated business, founded and based in Arizona since 1933. With 34 locations in 5 states, Harkins Theatres is the 5th largest theatre chain in North America. With more than 80 years of colorful history, Harkins Theatres remains the Southwest’s premier entertainment company.
Harkins Theatres seeks an experiencedProject Manager to join our IT Team at the Theatre Support Office based in beautiful Scottsdale, Arizona. TheProject Manager will develop and manage technical projects through all phases of the life cycle, including relationship building, requirements gathering, planning, management, testing and implementation. They will lead assigned project team(s) to ensure its members are prepared to achieve success. They will also work to continuously improve project and program management framework, processes, tools and standards necessary to deliver high quality projects on time.
- Supervise the daily responsibilities for the assigned project team including regular meetings, directing efforts, conflict resolution, clearing roadblocks, and providing leadership to keep teams motivated and maintain project momentum.
- Manage the overall coordination of software and systems development projects, from planning through implementation relying on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Review, approve, and accept completed projects and ensure that projects conform to requirements specifications, industry best practices, and company standards.
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to identify requirements for custom applications.
- Work with stakeholders to define and set project scope, priorities, deadlines and deliverable schedules.
- Manages and monitors project timelines and budgets.
- Documents and communicates project milestones, open issues, decisions and risks.
- Communicates effectively in writing and verbally to various internal and external groups.
- Develops reports and documentation for applications and systems.
- Coordinates project deployment/implementation activities and documentation.
- Contributes to problem identification and potential solutions.
- Manages the development of both IT and non-IT related systems and projects.
- Performs industry, technology, and product research, and adapt to the trends and industry best practices relevant to the Harkins environment.
- Assist with the design and development of database and software systems.
- College diploma or university degree in an IT related field or high school diploma/GED and 7 years equivalent work experience.
- Project management certification preferred or 5+ years of project management experience.
- Working knowledge of IT development systems and techniques including relational databases and software languages.
- Maintains a professional attitude and demeanor. Demonstrates unimpeachable integrity and accountability. Communicates professionally in all circumstances.
- Embraces Harkins inclusiveness and treats everyone with respect. Works well as part of a team and assumes the best intentions of everyone. Works collaboratively to achieve company goals.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Capable of remaining calm and using good judgment in elevating situations.
- Diplomacy with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multi-task and deal with many projects in various stages of negotiation, design, construction, and post-construction.
- Supervisory/team building/mentoring experience a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Organized with strong attention to detail and ability to exercise judgment and discretion in maintaining confidential and sensitive information.
- Competitive pay
- Excellent Health Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision) dramatically subsidized by the company
- Short/long-term disability and life insurance plans 100% paid by company
- Paid time off in addition to sick pay benefits and paid holidays
- Free soda and popcorn in the office
- FREE MOVIES and much more!
Harkins Theatres is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family Information Technology
- Pay Type Salary
- Harkins Theatres, 7511 E. McDonald Drive, Scottsdale, Arizona, United States of America