Cabinet Design Specialist
High-end luxury design center is looking for a person with experience in designing, drafting and purchasing high-end custom kitchens to join our team of whole home design Specialists. The Kitchen Specialist is responsible for the development of construction documents for high-end custom kitchen and bathroom remodeling projects, utilizing AutoCAD. Ideal candidates would have a thorough understanding of NKBA kitchen and bathroom design guidelines, be focused on details and cabinet construction and installation considerations, and exhibit strong communication skills.
The position requires the ability understand NKBA standards for kitchen and bath design, draft kitchen and bathroom floor plans and elevations, the assembly of specifications, pricing and order processing. Candidate must be able to work in both Imperial and Metric scales. Experience with luxury cabinet design and integration of appliances and panels is mandatory.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Be able to produce detailed, accurate, order ready custom cabinet plans. This includes cross sections as well as all details such as plumbing and appliance integration
• Must have a strong understanding of residential construction methods.
• Understand local construction codes and jurisdictional requirements.
• Ability to work with in-house and outside designers and clients to refine cabinet layouts and details
• Accountable for the successful completion of drafting and design tasks as assigned
• Participation in client meetings/ design meetings/ contractor meetings
• Address comments and incorporate into drawings as appropriate
• Respond to Requests for Information (RFI) and other construction-related documents
• Utilize manufacturer’s proprietary systems to price and order cabinetry
• Confirm manufacturer’s shop drawings and track all aspects of orders, service, and ongoing support
• Knowledge of technical and administrative aspects of cabinet design
• Knowledge of European style manufactured cabinets
• Knowledge of related codes, guidelines and regulations necessary
• Strong communication skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel)
• Proficiency in AutoCAD
• AutoCAD: 5 years
• SketchUp: 3 years (preferred)
• Experience with manufactured cabinet lines (preferred)
• Hands-on cabinet manufacturing / installation ideal
- Pay Type Hourly
- Solana Beach, CA, USA