- Perform all job functions in accordance with the company’s Safety Standards.
- Supervise, schedule and train warehouse and delivery staff to ensure safe and efficient operation of all warehouse functions.
- Ensure that merchandise is received and stored in an efficient and economical manner, and maintain required records in conformance with company policy.
- Supervise the proper routing, loading and preparation of orders for shipment and delivery in accordance with customer instructions.
- Review and maintain appropriate DOT records and physical examination certificates for drivers and current certification of training for forklift operators.
- Supervise and schedule the maintenance of all company delivery vehicles and material handling equipment in use in the warehouse.
- Recommend purchases of warehouse equipment; keep abreast of new warehousing methods.
- Maintain the safety of warehouse operations in compliance with the company’s Safety Standards, OSHA and any other applicable regulations.
- Maintain the security of warehouse and grounds to protect the Profit Center’s assets.
- Resolve all delivery complaints and receiving disputes quickly and effectively.
- Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and able to apply and enforce OSHA, DOT and other warehouse and material handling safety regulations.
- Able to build and maintain a positive working relationship with customers, vendors and co-workers.
- Able to remain calm and function effectively in stressful, unexpected, and/or emergency situations.
- Able to safely operate a forklift and all material handling equipment in use at the Profit Center.
- Able to quickly develop comprehensive knowledge of products sold at the Profit Center.
- Able to learn and operate (keyboard and mouse) the applicable software system (Eclipse, Mincron) used for sales and warehouse operations.
- Able to learn Microsoft Office Outlook to communicate via email.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1+ years warehouse management experience, supervising staff
- Minimum 2+ years material handling experience
- Operate forklift and other material handling equipment in use at the Profit Center
- A proper and valid driver’s license for the vehicle(s) being driven
- A driving record that demonstrates good driving skills in compliance with Company policy
- Knowledge of products sold at the Profit Center preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Sitting (in chair) 10%
Lifting Frequently up to 100 pounds
Carrying Frequently up to 80 pounds
Pushing/Pulling Frequently up to 200 pounds
The incumbent is exposed to the following conditions in the job:
Outdoor weather, warehouses with no climate control, potentially hazardous equipment (such as forklift trucks, mechanical lift gates, hand tools, manual material handling equipment, ladders, and rubber retention straps). The Profit Center may stock, sell and use hazardous materials – PVC pipe cement, pool chemicals, torch gas, propane gas, solvents, etc. You may be required to handle these materials.
- Pay Type Salary
- Lancaster, PA, USA