Delivery - non CDL - Driver
About our company:
Hajoca Corporation is the nation’s largest privately held wholesale distributor of plumbing, heating and air-conditioning, industrial pipes-valves-fittings, pool and waterworks supplies for residential, commercial, industrial and infrastructure construction. We have approximately 400 locations, called Profit Centers, throughout the United States, representing the premier product lines in our industry.
Since 1858, Hajoca has been blending the strengths and clout of a large company with freedom and opportunity for employees. The company will continue to grow and prosper because our fundamental business philosophy works: emphasis on entrepreneurial spirit, expert knowledge, strong incentives for our employees, and devotion to Hajoca’s proven business principles of “Service, Integrity, Reliability.”
Are you looking for a career where your talent provides you the opportunity for advancement? Do you want to work in a fun, dynamic, fast-paced environment that rewards your skills and hard work? If so, then Hajoca Corporation would like you to join our world class team at our Hampton Roads location in Norfolk, VA as a driver. Those who excel in our environment are self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and enthusiastic about servicing our customers. We have offered premier products and unrivaled service to the Hampton Roads market for more than 70 years. We continue to grow and now we need world class talent to join our team.
As a Driver with Hajoca your specific duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Drive Hajoca truck, operating it safely and in compliance with Company rules, applicable laws and regulations.
- Deliver merchandise to local military bases in accordance with all applicable base rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Safely load and secure the truck and merchandise prior to making deliveries.
- Unload correct merchandise from the truck and place it where the receiving party wants it.
- Provide sales leads by noting prospective customer names and addresses discovered in the course of making deliveries.
- Inspect the truck and required parts and accessories to determine safe operating condition prior to departure from the Hajoca location.
- Advise management of any mechanical problems with the truck. At the end of the workday, complete the Driver’s Daily Vehicle Inspection Report when driving a delivery vehicle with a gross weight greater than 10,000 pounds.
- Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
As a Driver with Hajoca, you must be friendly, service-oriented, and have a high level of attention to detail. An unwavering commitment to safety is a must, as well as the ability to remain calm in stressful or unexpected situations. All driver team members must be able to maintain positive working relationships with vendors and customers and provide unparalleled customer service at all times. For this specific driver role you must also be able to deliver to military bases.
All interested applicants must possess:
- High school degree or equivalent
- Be 21 years or older
- Possess a proper and valid driver’s license
- Possess a driving record that demonstrates good driving skills
- Know laws, rules, and regulations governing driving motor vehicles, as well as commercial vehicles subject to DOT regulations
- Pass a DOT physical examination prior to employment and every following two years for as long as you drive a company vehicle
A major portion of your duties will require you to deliver to military bases. You must also have the ability to pass a government security check and be issued a DBIDS (Defense Biometric Identification System) credential to qualify for access to deliver to these military facilities. Candidate’s record must be free of the following disqualifying convictions to be granted security access:
- Felony conviction of any type within the last ten years
- Felony arrest that has been deferred or is otherwise pending adjudication
- Misdemeanor conviction or on-base arrest within the last five years, for any of the following types of crimes: Crimes of violence, sexual assault, larceny, drugs, or a habitual offender
- Sex Offense conviction or being placed on the Sex Offender Registry
- Debarment from any Navy Installation
Though not required, our ideal candidate will also:
- Have, or quickly develop, a comprehensive knowledge of product
- Have previous experience driving a truck and making deliveries
- Possess the drive to assist team members with other tasks as required
- Possess the ability to learn to safely operate a forklift and other material-handling equipment
- Possess basic computer literacy
- Have a current DBIDS (Defense Biometric Identification System) credential
The benefits of working with us:
Although Hajoca is a large company, we work in a decentralized environment where each of our locations, called Profit Centers, is run by the Profit Center Manager as if it was their own business. We give you the tools you need to succeed, investing in your personal and professional growth through targeted training programs, and reward team success through our profit sharing opportunities and generous benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- 401 (k) and retirement cash account
- Life insurance
- Pre-tax accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Thursday, February 18, 2021
- Norfolk, VA, USA