Warehouse - Customer Service Specialist
- Safely performing daily business functions including, but not limited to, stocking shelves, picking orders, checking incoming shipments, making local deliveries, unloading/loading of trucks, forklift operation, providing exceptional customer service, answering phones, entering orders (in time), assisting customers picking up material and other general duties as assigned by their immediate supervisor or the Profit Center Manager.
- Maintaining the facility including, but not limited to, vehicle/equipment maintenance as able; sales area, warehouse and yard cleanliness and organization. Suggest cost-saving or productivity improvement strategies. Suggest and share safety concerns promptly.
- Constantly seeking to improve one’s job-related knowledge and skill set by participating in ongoing educational opportunities in an effort to provide reliable information and exceptional customer service.
- Attend marketing and business development events; including educational seminars and hands-on workshops, vendor product days, customer appreciation events, barbecues, etc. as requested by their immediate supervisor or the Profit Center Manager.
- Conduct other duties as assigned by management which may include driving a company vehicle.
- Being an ideal teammate, setting the example for the team
Tammany Supply, a division of Hajoca Corporation, offers competitive salaries, extensive training opportunities and a generous benefits package including:
- Profit sharing opportunity based on local profitability and personal performance
- 401(k) and Retirement Cash Account
- Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision insurance options
- Paid Vacations, Holidays and Sick leave
- Long Term Disability
- Employer paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death
- Employee Purchase Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- ...and More!
- High school degree or equivalent
- Possess or be willing to obtain a commercial driver’s license (Class D minimum)
- 18 years old at a minimum
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
- Professional, warm and friendly personality
- Basic computer literacy including the use of Microsoft Office
- Must be able to read and write English – Bilingual is a plus.
- Service Orientation and Mindset -- Actively looking for ways to help people; to meet and exceed customer, vendor and teammate expectations.
- Attention to detail – Being careful about the details and thorough in the completing work tasks.
- Dependability – Must be reliable, responsible, dependable and insistent about fulfilling obligations.
- Initiative – A strong willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative and supportive attitude
Tammany Supply monitors online applications regularly and we don’t make rushed decisions. WE WILL RESPOND TO ALL APPLICATIONS, but please allow two weeks for our reply to your application.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Friday, April 9, 2021
- Covington, LA, USA