Senior Purchasing Agent
Summary: The job of the Senior Purchasing Agent is to increase company profitability and customer satisfaction by procure and purchase material on assigned product lines. Compiles information and records to prepare purchase orders for procurement of material and maintains optimal inventory levels and ordering product at competitive prices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review Job Queues, voice messages, and emails; prioritize daily workload, respond to questions and resolve complaints and miscellaneous problems
- Timely review and analysis of operational reports including the Open Purchase Order report, Daily Back Order report, Negative On Hand report and the Suggested Purchase Order Queue
- Manage inventory levels of assigned product line(s); review and analyze maximum and minimum inventory levels based upon sales and customer demand
- Update and maintain the Product/Inventory database and product file; remove discontinued product and add new product lines; research and verify price discrepancies; update order lead-times
- Ensure product is ordered at a competitive price and optimal quantity; balance order size and price discounts with inventory turn rates
- Create Purchase Orders and send to manufacturer(s); scan, image and attach order confirmations to the Purchase Order
- Review status of shipped orders and back orders and update ECLIPSE with expected delivery dates
- Build new and maintain existing SKU’s; enter information into ECLIPSE following company procedures and industry standards
- Maintain market awareness of pricing, demand, new products and regulations affecting building codes and product lines
- Compare and analyze new product brands and manufacturers; prepare and submit proposals for alternative and/or new products to the Purchasing Manager for buying approval
- Manage manufacturer return allowances and stock returns to update products and control inventory levels
- Ensure credits and debits on RGA’s, defective material and warranty issues are valid
- Build and maintain relationships with manufacturer representatives to negotiate pricing, terms, freight, return allowances, marketing allowances for promotions, etc.
- Confer with other departments to ensure coordination of Purchasing activities with activities of other functions such as sales, receiving, shipping, accounting and human resources
- Maintain appearance of the Purchasing area; ensure area is kept clean, organized and remains a safe work environment
- Maintain a working knowledge of and adhere to company policies and procedures
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive organizational, customer and personnel related information
- Inform supervisor of your whereabouts, attendance, activities, problems identified and potential problems
- Report to work regularly and on time
- Assist other employees as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities
- High school degree/GED required.
- Degree in business administration, procurement, or a related field preferred.
- Minimum3+ years experience as a Purchasing Agent or in a similar position.
- 1+ year of commodities experience is preferred
- Proficiency in ERP systems
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong organization and documentation skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 2900 Volpey Way, Union City, CA 94587, USA