Recruiter- Management Development Program
Hajoca Corporation, the nation’s largest privately owned wholesale distributor in the plumbing, heating, and industrial supply industry, is seeking a bright and talented recruiter to be based in South Florida to support our growing management needs in the Southeast Division.
Established in 1858, Hajoca is a stable and prosperous company with a rich history. However, Hajoca is anything but an old-fashioned place to work. Picturing a stuffy and formal corporate headquarters with layers of management and politics? Think again! Our recruiting team is an intimate group of friendly, hard-working professionals devoted to Hajoca’s proven business principles of integrity, reliability, and excellent service to the team of employees operating over 450 U.S. locations.
The recruiter will be responsible for achieving the staffing objectives of the company’s national Management Development Program, as well as the staffing objectives of the Southeast Division, by recruiting and evaluating entry-level and experienced college graduates, planning and implementing recruiting campaigns and strategies, developing and utilizing evaluation materials, and accumulating and analyzing recruiting and retention statistics.
Job Duties Include:
· Determine recruiting strategy for assigned regions; work in conjunction with region managers to establish recruiting goals.
· Establish candidate qualifications by developing knowledge, skill, and screening questions. Conduct applicant screenings, resume searches, and interviews. Coordinate the pre-employment assessment process, including applicant tracking and reporting.
· Identify recruiting sources by studying college programs and demographics, interviewing college career services staff and faculty, and matching job requirements with likely candidate sources. Participate in on campus recruiting events. Contact non-college sources and provide organization information, opportunities, and benefits. Make presentations, and maintain rapport.
· Extend employment offers by selling organization values, strengths, and opportunities. Negotiate final terms with selected candidates. Complete offer letter acceptances.
· Develop recruiting presentations by collecting, designing, and preparing written and visual materials. Write and coordinate web page content, brochures, and other recruiting materials.
· Use applicant tracking software and CRM to post jobs to boards and maintain candidate files per company requirements.
· Use onboarding software to complete new hire activities, and maintain personnel files.
· Answer inquiries from Mentors and Region Managers about program expectations, training resources and requirements, etc. Initiate verbal and written communication to Mentors and Region Managers to maintain relationships and solve problems.
· Collect, analyze, and summarize recruiting and retention data and trends for periodic meetings and trainings with senior leaders and Region Managers. Recommend program changes to maximize effectiveness.
· Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities. Read professional publications, maintain personal networks, and participate in professional organizations.
· Complete departmental administrative tasks as needed
· Accomplish other tasks as assigned.
This career opportunity is full time, Monday through Friday, from approximately 8 am to 5 pm, and involves overnight travel (approximately 25%-30%) to participate in off-site recruiting and other events.
The compensation package includes:
· An annual base salary, commensurate with experience
· Annual profit sharing
· A comprehensive benefits program that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance with prescription coverage, 401(k) and retirement cash account plans, life insurance, long-term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, an employee assistance program, and paid vacation, sick, and holiday time, as well as parental leave.
· Knowledge of staffing, recruiting practices, interviewing techniques, and candidate assessment.
· Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization. Strong written communication and record keeping skills.
· Knowledge, or desire to learn, of applicant tracking and onboarding systems, document creation, personal computer skills including MS Office and PowerPoint, and e-mail.
· Ability to travel and work independently.
· Four-year college degree in Human Resources or related field
- Recruiting experience as a primary job responsibility
- Social media expertise
- Experience recruiting college graduates for a Management Training Program
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Tampa, FL, USA