eCommerce Online Auction Lister - Shop Goodwill
Goodwill Industries of Columbus, OH is looking to hire an eCommerce – Online Auction Lister.
Are you goal-oriented and looking for an opportunity to prove yourself? Are you someone who is looking for a rewarding career serving your community, while building your career, not just another job? Are you a creative, customer orientated person with a great work ethic interested in the career development resources that the Goodwill has to offer? If so, please read on!
ABOUT GOODWILL INDUSTRIES OF COLUMBUS
Goodwill's Mission: Transforming the lives of the individuals with disabilities and other barriers through pathways to independence and the power of work.
At Goodwill Columbus, we’re proud to be the sixth largest nonprofit organization in central Ohio, but even more proud that each year, we provide 1.2 million hours of training, job placement programs and work programs for individuals with developmental disabilities. Our diverse, programming ranges from specialized rehabilitation programs to career services and commercial operations –every employee helps play a valuable role in contributing to the success of our mission.
At Goodwill, we'll help you reach your potential while you help others reach theirs. Want to enjoy coming to work? If so, read on and APPLY TODAY!
Works a Monday - Friday schedule.
- Load and unload incoming merchandise.
- Use a computer to scan items to check for feasibility for online sales.
- Post or assist with posting items for sale online.
- Create item descriptions for products while posting items online for the Goodwill auctions.
- File posted items in holding area.
- Pull, package, and ship merchandise that has been sold online.
Ancillary Job Functions
- Transport auction items to and from warehouse and storage area.
- Set up pallets, boxes, and totes for shipment of books and other items to stores.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work area.
- Adhere to safe work practices and report any unsafe conditions or actions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience – An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- High school or equivalent education.
- One year or less of related experience required; retail experience helpful.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills in dealing with customers and employees.
- Ability to operate a computer to scan, post, and ship merchandise.
- Ability to physically sort and transport material from one work area to another.
- Clear verbal communication skills and ability to give and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- General office and warehouse conditions. Exposed to moderate noise levels.
Physical Abilities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, push, reach, and do repetitive motion for extended periods of time.
- Regularly lift and carry up to 30 pounds; heavier lifting occasionally needed.
- Regularly lift heavy containers using both electric and manual pallet jacks.
- Regularly transport carts of books and other merchandise.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
At Goodwill, we'll help you reach your potential while you help others reach theirs. Want to enjoy coming to work? So do we!
Our full-time benefits include:
- Promotion and Growth Opportunities
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
Health, Dental and Vision insurance the 1st of the month after 30 days
Voluntary life, short-term disability, accident, and critical illness
Paid time off
- Employee Discount at all Goodwill Columbus Stores
Goodwill Columbus is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, we invite you to visit our website at www.goodwillcolumbus.org
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $9.00
- Max Hiring Rate $10.00