Assistant Store Lead - Renner Rd.
Goodwill's Mission: Transforming the lives of the individuals with disabilities and other barriers through pathways to independence and the power of work.
Assist the Store Leader with the overall operation of the retail store. Help to achieve established sales revenue goals by providing affordable merchandise to the public that will generate funds to support the programs and services of Goodwill Columbus.
- Assist in managing the daily operations of the retail store. Work with the Store Leader to meet daily, weekly, and monthly sales goals.
- Oversee the daily processing of donations that are being sorted, priced and sent to the sales floor. Ensure recycling procedures are followed for merchandise that is not sellable.
- Maintain an adequate amount of items on the sales floor according to demand and the store layout. Create appealing displays to promote quick sales.
- Report, address, and prevent any known potential losses and work to protect GWC assets.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Perform administrative duties such as scheduling, corrective actions, hiring, trainings, and any other duties as required.
- Abide by all company policies and procedures.
Ancillary Job Functions
- Work with the cashiers to ensure items are being rung up correctly.
- Count and balance the register cash drawers and safe daily. Prepare daily bank deposits.
- Assist in hiring, developing training and evaluating employees.
- Provide excellent customer service to retail customers as well as customers making donations.
- Provide a safe work environment and communicate safety information to employees to keep workers compensation claims to a minimum.
- Perform other related job duties as assigned.
Education and Experience – An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- High school or equivalent education.
- Two to three years of retail experience including two years supervisory experience required; experience in the resale field is helpful.
- Must have experience in production and operations management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills in dealing with customers and employees.
- Ability to operate cash register and perform math calculations.
- Clear verbal communication skills and ability to give and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- General retail store conditions. Exposed to moderate noise levels.
Physical Abilities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, push, and reach for extended periods of time.
- Regularly lift and carry up to 30 pounds; heavier lifting occasionally needed.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination to work on cash register and related store equipment.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
At Goodwill, we'll help you reach your potential while you help others reach theirs. Want to enjoy coming to work? So do we!
Our full-time benefits include:
- Promotion and Growth Opportunities
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
Health, Dental and Vision insurance the 1st of the month after 30 days
Voluntary life, short-term disability, accident, and critical illness
Paid time off
- Employee Discount at all Goodwill Columbus Stores
Goodwill Columbus is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, we invite you to visit our website at www.goodwillcolumbus.org
- Pay Type Hourly
- Retail Store - Renner Rd, 5526 Renner Rd, Columbus, Ohio, United States of America