Program Manager - Work & Community Services
Goodwill's Mission: Transforming the lives of the individuals with disabilities and other barriers through pathways to independence and the power of work.
Supervise assigned Training Specialists and oversees work services activities and outcomes.
- Supervise a team of Training Specialists that provide direct care to program participants. Conduct performance evaluations, provide feedback, and make recommendations on hiring, dismissal and other personnel actions.
- Monitors work services for compliance to standards of DOL, Safety and OSHA.
- Identifies processes and procedures to improve work flow within budgetary guidelines.
- Liaison for business clients externally and internally.
- Identifies and Evaluates work opportunities for participants.
Ancillary Job Functions
- Monitor incident reports and crisis interventions. Work with the Behavior Support Manager as needed.
- Interview and accept new participants into the program. Assess the appropriateness of individuals for the program, set up any behavioral training needed, and involve the director in the decision making.
- Fill in for other staff members as needed.
- Train staff in effective methods of crisis intervention as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience – An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Four year college degree in social services, psychology or related field.
- Minimum three years of experience in behavioral services or similar field.
- Must maintain the following certifications: CPR, AED, First Aid, and Adult Services. CITIES may be required
- Annual Abuse/Neglect, Rights, and MUI training.
- Must have current, valid OH driver’s license and personal car insurance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Clear verbal communication skills and ability to give and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- Exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Exposed to potentially dangerous physical situations when participants exhibit assaultive or inappropriate behaviors.
- May be exposed to pets and tobacco smoke.
Physical Abilities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to sit and work effectively at desk for extended periods of time.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination to work on computer, telephone, and related office equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 100 pounds with assistance when an individual must be physically restrained.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
At Goodwill, we'll help you reach your potential while you help others reach theirs. Want to enjoy coming to work? So do we!
Our full-time benefits include:
- Promotion and Growth Opportunities
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
Health, Dental and Vision insurance the 1st of the month after 30 days
Voluntary life, short-term disability, accident, and critical illness
Paid time off
- Employee Discount at all Goodwill Columbus Stores
Goodwill Columbus is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, we invite you to visit our website at www.goodwillcolumbus.org
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- Work & Community Services-Arc South, 4395 Marketing Pl, Groveport, Ohio, United States of America