Personal Care Specialist - (M-F 7:30am-3:30pm)
Goodwill's Mission: Transforming the lives of the individuals with disabilities and other barriers through pathways to independence and the power of work.
Provide personal care to individuals in Goodwill Programs.
- Provide personal care to each individual. Assist with feeding, clothing, changing, toileting, and other hygiene needs.
- Converse with participants to reinforce positive behaviors and to promote social interaction.
- Observe and report participant’s behaviors to facilitate assessment and development of treatments goals.
- Ensure health and welfare of individuals served.
Ancillary Job Functions
- Prepare documentation on each individual’s progress.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience – An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 6 months of experience in patient care; caring for elderly and /or developmentally disabled individuals helpful.
- Experience in nursing homes, hospitals, or personal care preferred.
- Needs First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications and other required trainings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Clear verbal communication skills and the ability to give and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations
- Ability to prepare meals/snacks and use kitchen appliances and equipment.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- Active and busy environment with potentially high noise levels in activity rooms and lunch areas.
May be required to assist in food preparation for participants.
May unload participants from vans, sometimes in inclement weather.
- Work near mechanical moving parts (eg., lifts, wheelchairs)
- Exposed to potentially hazardous bodily fluids.
- May be exposed to pets and tobacco smoke.
Physical Abilities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to stand, walk, push, bend, grasp, reach and perform repetitive wrist, hand or finger movements
- Must be able to provide physical support and care of individuals.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds with assistance to provide personal care to individuals.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
At Goodwill, we'll help you reach your potential while you help others reach theirs. Want to enjoy coming to work? So do we!
Our full-time benefits include:
- Promotion and Growth Opportunities
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
Health, Dental and Vision insurance the 1st of the month after 30 days
Voluntary life, short-term disability, accident, and critical illness
Paid time off
- Employee Discount at all Goodwill Columbus Stores
Goodwill Columbus is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, we invite you to visit our website at www.goodwillcolumbus.org
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $9.59
- Max Hiring Rate $12.94
- Custodial-Edgehill Headquarters, 1331 Edgehill Rd, Columbus, Ohio, United States of America