Safety Specialist (3rd shift)
We’re looking for extraordinary people to join our growing team in Reedsburg WI.
Grede’s most important asset is our Employees. Grede is committed to conducting its
business in an environmentally responsible manner and providing a safe and healthy working environment for all Employees, customers and visitors. As a member of the Grede team, you are expected to accept certain responsibilities, adhere to acceptable business principles in matters of
personal conduct, and exhibit a high degree of personal integrity always.
Coordinate activities relating to the administration of the safety department.
- Exhibit superior safety practices every day evidenced by outstanding housekeeping at all times.
- Extend treatment to all other associates of the Company as individuals with the courtesy and dignity shown to customers.
- Exceed customer quality and service expectations through attention to detail.
- Exercise maximum care to protect the environment by fostering and supporting responsible operating procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSILITIES
Delivers first aid treatment to employees and assists in determining if further treatment is needed.
Helps in investigating injuries, near misses and property damage incidents.
Establishing a Healthy & Safety presence as a visible leader on the manufacturing plant floor.
Leading and guiding staff through workplace investigations and ensuring implementation of corrective and preventative action activities.
Inspecting the facilities, machinery, equipment, and personnel practices to identify potential safety, health concerns and hazards.
Conduct investigations into employees inquires, suggestions and complaints.
Address safety issues and concerns.
Maintain supplies and cleanliness of the first aid room.
Inspect safety equipment ie: eye wash stations, spill kits, fire extinguishers etc.
Track and enter fork truck inspections in database.
Assist environmental data entry for required tracking
Perform a variety of administrative duties, including record keeping and follow-up activities, in support of the safety area of the Human Resource department.
High school diploma plus associate degree, or equivalent.
Over six months experience.
Mental/Physical requirements are for diversified work of a technical/statistical nature. Only general procedures or precedents are applicable.
Some access to controlled confidential information and guarding the information accordingly.
Regular contact with employees on matters requiring tact, judgment, and proper conduct.
- $1000 sign on bonus
- Base pay + Incentive pay*, Shift Premiums*, Weekend Premiums*, and Job Premiums* (for eligible positions*)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package including Medical, Dental, Vision coverages
- Insurance: Life, Supplemental Life, Short and Long-Term Disability
- Wellness Programs
- 401(K) Match
- Free access to Worksite Wellness Center, including family members
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PPE allowances
To learn more about Grede, please visit our website at www.grede.com
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- Job Family Environmental, Health and Safety Group
- Job Function Not Defined
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Reedsburg, WI 53959, USA