St Cloud, MN, USA
Friday, February 12, 2021
|Melt Superintendent - St. Cloud MN|
|Melt Superintendent is responsible for the direct melt operations over all shifts by setting goals, organizing and assigning work, selecting and developing employees, and maintaining a productive work environment in order to meet established production schedules.|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
|Exhibit superior safety practices every day evidenced by outstanding housekeeping at all times.|
Extend treatment to all other associates of the Company as individuals with the courtesy and dignity shown to customers.
Exceed customer quality and service expectations through attention to detail.
Exercise maximum care to protect the environment by fostering and supporting responsible operating procedures.
- Direct, plan, and coordinate melt operations over all shifts to maintain production schedules and quality and cost standards and to maximize efficiency.
- Ensure quality of work, efficient material and work flow, proper use and care of equipment and machines, and proper application of production methods.
- Plan, organize, and assign work to melt supervisors and/or nonexempt employees to apply skill and experience to the best advantage which ensures efficient use of labor hours, materials, and equipment consistent with production and profit requirements.
- Maintain close observation over melt operations, providing guidance concerning proper melting techniques.
- Select and train supervisors and/or nonexempt employees in melt operations to ensure a sufficient work force to meet short and long-term objectives.
- Evaluate work performance and counsel and coach employees to maintain efficient work performance.
- Maintain adequate supply of raw materials, production supplies, and tools to support continuous operations for the department.
- Maintain related inventory records, as required.
- Ensure tools and equipment are maintained in proper working order.
- Analyze equipment or machine problems, quality problems, and production delays, expediting repairs and/or corrective actions to minimize downtime and work schedule interruption.
- Schedule and supervise furnace maintenance activities such as shaving or relining furnace or replacing coil.
- Prepare budget for all melt operations and administer and control budget during the business year.
- Maintain open communications with employees and work with employees to mutually resolve problems to enhance morale and promote a union-free environment.
- Maintain conformance with Company policies, work rules, and regulations, coaching employees and/or initiating disciplinary actions, as required.
- Enforce the proper use of safety equipment and maintain departmental housekeeping to produce a safe work environment.
- Coach employees to reinforce safe work practices.
- Maintain awareness of improved operational methods, production processes, or equipment which improve quality and efficiency and reduce cost.
- Maintain communications across all shifts in the melt department and with other departments to promote efficient operations.
Manufacturing Production Group
Manufacturing Production - Management