The maintenance laborer will perform various housekeeping and clean up tasks to ensure ongoing maintenance of production areas of the foundry. Performs duties in a safe, efficient, and quality manner at all times. This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor of the shift.
· Removes excess process sand from production areas including the basement, sand transport areas, molding areas, and core room areas as needed.
· Discard materials in proper storage areas for removal.
· Operates forklifts and powered lift cranes to remove and transport waste materials to the proper areas for storage or removal.
· Works harmoniously with co-workers and other associates throughout to maintain a team orientated atmosphere.
· Additional duties as may be required.
· Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Must be trained in safety procedures including, lockout/tagout, confined space procedures, hazard recognition, PPE requirements and use, and any other safety requirements.
· Minimum of two years maintenance experience.
- Must be able to stand, bend, twist, knell, walk for 10+ hours.
- Must be able to push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in an extreme hot environment.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check.
- Must beable to pass respirator fit test and comply with requirements when working in regulated areas.
- Job Family Manufacturing Maintenance Group
- Job Function Not Defined
- Pay Type Hourly
- Biscoe, NC 27209, USA