St Cloud, MN, USA
Wednesday, February 10, 2021
|Safety Coordinator - St. Cloud, MN|
Are you ready to take initiative and join an honest and reputable company that is world-class for treating employees with respect and fairness? Are you passionate about starting your career with a company that values integrity, dedication, and hard work every single day?
At Grede our mission is to drive industry-leading design and manufacturing solutions in key markets that lead to increase partner value. As the premier ductile, gray and specialty iron casting provider, we have broad capabilities across multiple product lines that can deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for its customers. We deliver world-class value to our customers and associates through collaboration, communication, innovation, operational excellence, safety and continuous improvement!
|The Safety Coordinator will assist with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of workplace injuries and provide administrative support for the safety department. Coordinate activities relating to the administration of the safety program.|
Hours are Monday-Friday 2nd shift. Must be able to work weekends as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exhibit superior safety practices every day evidenced by outstanding housekeeping at all times.
- Extend treatment to all other associates of the Company as individuals with the courtesy and dignity shown to customers.
- Exceed customer quality and service expectations through attention to detail.
- Exercise maximum care to protect the environment by fostering and supporting responsible operating procedures.
- Diagnose and treat injuries and illnesses in accordance with accepted practice and Company policy.
- Monitor and recommend injury reduction and prevention programs and make recommendations for continuous safety improvement.
- Counsel and train employees on proper safety practices.
- Ensure adequate inventory and proper disbursement of safety and first aid equipment and supplies.
- Perform a variety of administrative duties in support of the safety and human resources department.
- Conduct inspections of the workplace to identify and abate hazards to prevent injury and to ensure compliance with governmental regulations.
- Perform research and problem solving activities.
- Perform industrial hygiene testing, record keeping, and follow-up activities.
- Conduct a monthly safety committee meeting.
- Able to work overtime as assigned and must take on call on weekends as assigned.
- Must be able to wear required PPE.
- Personal attendance record should remain in compliance with company guidelines.
|Perform other duties as assigned.|
Environmental, Health and Safety Group