Utility Melt (any shift)
We’re looking for extraordinary people to join our growing team in Reedsburg WI.
Perform various support and relief duties throughout Melt Department.
- Exhibit superior safety practices every day by outstanding housekeeping at all times.
- Extend treatment to all other employees of the Company as individuals with the courtesy and dignity shown to customers.
- Exceed customer quality and service expectations through attention
- Exercise maximum care to protect the environment by fostering and supporting responsible operating procedures.
- Secure proper tools for each task.
- Communicate suggestions and recommend solutions to problems to provide for an efficient operation.
- Approach work assignments in a positive manner and function as a team member.
- Perform other assignments as may be requested.
- Personal attendance record should remain in compliance with company guidelines.
- Must be able to wear required PPE.
Additional - All positions require preplacement drug screen, background check, and physical.
- Complete assigned jobs on a fill-in basis to ensure the timely and proper production of molten iron.
- Maintain melt written records as necessary.
- Operate equipment used in Melt Department including cupola/furnace, holding furnaces, desulfurizing vessel, converters, cranes, and any equipment that is essential to normal operations.
- Assist with relining, repair, shaving, and start up of furnaces.
- Apply statistical process control (SPC) techniques as required to make chemistry, temperature, and productions adjustments to ensure quality molten product.
- Assist in training new melt employees.
- Operate fork truck by following all processes and procedures related to its safe operation.
- $1000 sign on bonus
- Base pay + Incentive pay*, Shift Premiums*, Weekend Premiums*, and Job Premiums* (for eligible positions*)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package including Medical, Dental, Vision coverages
- Insurance: Life, Supplemental Life, Short and Long-Term Disability
- Wellness Programs
- 401(K) Match
- Free access to Worksite Wellness Center, including family members
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PPE allowances
To learn more about Grede, please visit our website at www.grede.com
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- Job Family Manufacturing Production Group
- Job Function Manufacturing Production
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Job Start Date Wednesday, February 10, 2021
- Reedsburg, WI 53959, USA