Direct maintenance operations on 2nd shift by setting goals, organizing and assigning work, selecting and developing employees, and maintaining a productive work environment in order to meet established production schedules. Ensure all safety, quality, and productivity processes and procedures are followed within areas of responsibility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Exhibit superior safety practices every day evidenced by outstanding housekeeping at all times.
- Extend treatment to all other employees of the Company as individuals with the courtesy and dignity shown to customers.
- Exceed customer quality and service expectations through attention to detail.
- Exercise maximum care to protect the environment by fostering and supporting responsible operating procedures.
- Direct, plan and coordinate 2nd shift operations for the Maintenance department to minimize equipment downtime and maximize production. Develop and maintain an effective machinery maintenance program, including preventive maintenance.
- Ensure quality of repairs, scheduling of repair work, diagnosis of equipment problems, and adequate supplies of materials and/or parts required to complete repairs. Work closely with production control and manufacturing departments to schedule maintenance and/or repairs at appropriate times.
- Plan, organize, and assign work to maintenance supervisors and/or nonexempt employees to apply skill and experience to the best advantage which ensures efficient use of labor hours, materials, and equipment consistent with production and profit requirements. Maintain close observation during shift operations, providing guidance concerning proper maintenance and manufacturing methods.
- Select and train nonexempt employees in foundry operations to ensure a sufficient work force to meet short and long-term objectives. Evaluate work performance and counsel and coach employees to maintain efficient work performance.
- Analyze equipment or machine problems, quality problems, and production delays, expediting repairs and/or corrective actions to minimize downtime and work schedule interruption. Coordinate all equipment repairs on night shift.
- Maintain open communications with employees and work with employees to mutually resolve problems to enhance morale and promote a union-free environment.
- Maintain conformance with Company policies, work rules, and regulations, coaching employees and/or initiating disciplinary actions, as required.
- Enforce the proper use of safety equipment and maintain departmental housekeeping to produce a safe work environment. Coach employees to reinforce safe work practices.
- Maintain awareness or improved operational methods, production processes or equipment which improve quality and efficiency and reduce cost.
- Maintain communications across all shifts in maintenance and with other departments to promote efficient operations.
- Secure proper tools for each task
- Communicate suggestions and recommend solutions to problems to provide for an efficient operation
- Approach work assignments in a positive manner and function as a team member
- Perform other assignments as may be requested
- Requires high school diploma
- Apprenticeship or related associate degree, or equivalent
- Five to seven years experience in supervisor role
- Supervise highly diversified journey work. Formulate new approaches
- Strong communication skills
- Print Reading
- Job Family Manufacturing Maintenance Group
- Job Function Not Defined
- Pay Type Salary
- New Castle, IN 47362, USA