2nd Shift- Grinder
The grinder will operate machinery and will perform all tasks and processes related to the job. The grinder will make sure to follow all safety procedures.
· Use correct PPE for the job being performed.
· Able to read and understand process sheets and work instructions.
· Able to use hand tools and equipment to finish product according to process instructions.
· Inspect machinery and working tools to ensure they remain complaint with specifications to reduce or eliminate any malfunction or loss of production.
· Ensure grinding wheels are dressed correctly and guards are in place according to specifications.
· Stop machines upon discovery of a problem and communicate to supervision to prevent accidents and production loss.
· Operate machinery, including polishing, grinding, inspecting, and finishing parts according to specifications and instructions in process sheets.
· Perform basic maintenance on equipment including lubrication and cleaning as needed.
· Keep areas clean and 5’s at all times.
· Fill out hourly paper work and inspection boards.
· Perform other jobs in grinding and other areas if asked by supervisor. When on another job, follow job description of that job.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Associate will take place in training program for specific position.
· One to two years manufacturing experience preferred.
· Must be able to stand, bend, twist, knell, walk for 10+ hours.
· Must be able to push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds.
· Must be able to work in an extreme hot environment.
· Must be able to pass pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check.
· Must be able to pass respirator fit test and comply with requirements when working in regulated areas.
- Job Family Manufacturing Production Group
- Job Function Not Defined
- Pay Type Hourly
- Biscoe, NC 27209, USA