Set-Up Tech - 1st Shift
- Set-up and operate machines in accordance with process sheets and any other required paperwork (i.e. drawings, specifications, etc.)
- Create simple, edit and/or retrieve CNC programs from system files and execute.
- Use manufacturing paperwork (blueprints, set-up sheets, sketches, etc.) to manufacture products that meets quality requirements.
- Inspect and verify work prior to submitting for inspection to QC Lab.
- If non-conforming, adjust program and offsets and resubmit until approved.
- Communicate mechanical and technical issues with lead person or supervisor.
- Support Lead person and follow the daily machining schedule.
- Perform non-CNC tasks when necessary (set-up/ change tools, repair fixture, train operators to properly load and unload parts to meet run-rates)
Able to do work/ tool offset, compensations, and conditional switches; calculating requirements including basic math, geometry and trigonometry proving
- Ensure proper CNC operation – milling, drilling, facing, grooving, turning, threading; Measure and detect malfunctions adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Necessary Skills & Experience:
- Understand CNC programming, G & M codes, different cutting tools.
- Basic knowledge of reference planes, location of surfaces, machining parameters, blueprint reading and geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T)
- A genuine belief in continues improvement and disciplined processes and a willingness to analyze, challenge and change processes if needed, to create a more efficient environment and culture.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and prioritize workday/projects independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
Ability to use various inspection gages.
· High school diploma or GED preferred.
· One to two years manufacturing experience preferred.
· Must be able to stand, bend, twist, knell, walk for 10+ hours.
· Must be able to push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds.
· Must be able to work in an extreme hot environment.
· Must be able to pass pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check.
· Must be able to pass respirator fit test and comply with requirements when working in regulated areas.
- Job Family Manufacturing Production Group
- Job Function Not Defined
- Pay Type Hourly
- Biscoe, NC 27209, USA