· Interfacing with operations,
Maintenance Process Engineer
Brewton, AL 36426, USA Req #159
Tuesday, August 25, 2020
- Performs all tasks and duties assigned in a manner that
insures their safety and the safety of all employees.
- Interface with Foundry Engineering and Operations
during new job start up to insure processes are robust and the product
meets customer requirements. Create, review, and refine work instructions;
develop and conduct any training required to insure process compliance.
- Write technical and non-technical specifications and
documentation of processes and procedures.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive process audit plan
for molding & core making processes, with corrective action tracking
to insure continued process compliance. Propose and implement adjustments
to processes to improve robustness.
- Provide in-house consulting to Operations for
continuously improving overall manufacturing process performance. Develop
training material and conducts training sessions as required.
- Develop and maintain quality performance data. Lead
cross functional teams to perform defect analysis and problem solving for
chronic quality issues.
- Effectively communicate task progress, analysis,
recommendations, schedules, as well as technical and process issues to
- Investigate and develop corrective actions regarding
customer quality complaints.
- Gather data to evaluate work processes, to determine
the flow of work, time requirements, costs and duration. Identify problems
and seek alternatives. Perform cost reduction activities, reduce downtime,
maintain and improve tooling/equipment.
- Improve process capability and production volume, while
maintaining and improving quality standards. Provide engineering support
to the Production department.
- Train others in continuous process improvements, using
techniques such as process mapping and cost time management. Facilitate
and lead cross-functional groups while ensuring ideas, suggestions and
opinions are communicated respectfully, honestly and clearly.
- Understand customer requirements, stop a process when
an inconsistency is suspected and report inconsistencies.
- Diagnoses equipment failures, collect data to identify
root causes and develop sustainable solutions.
- Develop Expert Level Training requirements for operator
depended equipment and processes.
- Develop, implement and improve documents and schedules,
- Identify and lead the development of automation
projects as part of sustainability improvement projects.
- Investigate, develop and implement countermeasures to
prevent repetitive breakdowns.
- Design and Implement Equipment Reliability Improvement
- BS in Mechanical or related engineering degree, MS in
Mechanical Engineering preferred,
- 5+ years of similar experience
- Outstanding root causing and problem-solving skills
- Experience creating & maintaining a positive
atmosphere in a collaborative work team.
- Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings and
· Interfacing with operations,
NDT, and quality engineering to get new product released for production
- experience working with foundry patterns, molding, and
- experience in controlling and improving foundry
molding, core making, coating, and pouring processes
- Heavy Industrial
- process and part specific problem solving
- Project management
- Team Player - Able to work with all levels of
management and staff to solve issues and implement improvement plans.
- Active listening – giving full attention to what is
being asked of you, taking time to understand the importance of your job
and getting familiar with how your job contributes to the overall success
of the company.
- Judgment and Decision Making – consider the cost and
benefits of your actions as an employee and choose the appropriate one.
- Critical Thinking – use your equipment and knowledge
properly to maintain a high level of productivity. Use logic and reasoning
to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions
or approaches to problems. Constantly look for ways to improve your
- Coordination – adjusts actions in a positive and safe
manner in relation to other actions.
- Oral Communications – the ability to listen to and
understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and
- Oral Expression – the ability to communicate
information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Problem Sensitivity – the ability to tell when
something is wrong or likely to go wrong. The ability to recognize problems
and find reasonable solutions.
- Deductive Reasoning – The ability to look for
opportunity for improvement; apply general rules to problems that make
- Self-Driven – the ability to work without constant
direction; taking initiative to look into problems and matters not
- Organization—the ability to manage several projects
& tasks at once, determining the prioritization and completion of each
- Job Family Manufacturing Maintenance Group
- Job Function Manufacturing Maintenance - Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Brewton, AL 36426, USA