CNC Machine Operator
The CNC Machine Operator will operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments. They will also at times be responsible to run the wash at the end of the line to inspect and pack parts. Must take necessary action to minimize delay time and maximize production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Operate numerically controlled machines including machining and turning centers to perform standard and repetitive machining operations to close tolerances where set ups and prove outs are performed by others
- Work from part drawings and specifications or verbal instructions
- Recognize tooling, machine malfunctions, or operating problems, and report these situations to leadperson for correction and adjustments
- Use micrometers, electronic and/or air gauges, calipers, verniers, surface gauges, height and depth indicators, etc. to check work for dimensional accuracy. Make minor adjustments to maintain tolerances and finish requirements.
- Responsible for minor tool changes.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work environment and must adhere to all company safety policies.
- Must be able to fill out required documentation, understand and follow frequency of inspection.
- Load, inspect, assemble and pack parts in accordance with any of the following: visual operator manufacturing instruction, work instruction, OPPM, visual aid or quality alert and or any other documentation as required by the specific job.
- Perform miscellaneous work assignments as directed by supervisor.
- Must maintain a good attendance record.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: One year certificate from college or technical school; six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The ability to stand, walk, sit, reach and lift up to 10 hrs per day. This job also requires constant lifting through out the shift.
Tools and Equipment Used:
4. Gages, calipers, micrometers
Protective Clothing and Equipment Required: PPE: Safety goggles, hearing protections, steel-toe non-slip safety shoes, and rubber gloves. Occasionally a bump cap is needed. When handling sharp objects or parts, it is required that cut resistant gloves be worn.
- Job Family Manufacturing Production Group
- Job Function Manufacturing Production
- Pay Type Hourly
- Menomonee Falls, WI 53051, USA