476000-Dock Services - Dock Lead
476000-Dock Services - Dock Lead
· The Dock Lead works under the direct supervision of the Transportation Supervisor.
· Participates and oversees the unloading of materials on the dock.
· Provides supervision and training to dock material handlers, salvage workers, baler and compactor operator.
· Provides Last Chance with trash containers and merchandise as needed.
· Ensures that merchandise is handled so that it does not become damaged or destroyed.
· Assures practices are consistent with Goodwill SOLAC’s policy and procedure, as well as applicable local, state and federal collection, and transport laws and regulations.
EXEMPLARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
· The Dock Lead participates and supervises the unloading and movement of donated goods, sorting as necessary.
· Assists Transportation Supervisor with supervising of all phases of operations in the area of transportation, dock and attended donation centers.
· Collaborates with management to modify daily routes, to accommodate the needs of customers.
· Keeps dock area clean and organized.
· Cultivates strong relationship with drivers and customers to reduce the stress that comes with last minute schedule changes.
· Assure handling of donations does not damage or destroy merchandise.
· Emphasizes careful handling and protective measures to prevent damage and loss of merchandise and/or equipment.
· Minimize trash.
· Provide direct supervision to dock material handlers.
· Assures safety standards and safe operation.
· Assures careful handling of equipment. Participates and oversees operation of machine equipment on dock to include, bailer, compactor, forklift and other equipment as needed.
· Responsible for Training, overseeing dock personnel on dock equipment.
· Able to use a computer to read and adhere to SharePoint policies, procedures and processes.
· Needs to have fluent communication skills, both oral and written.
· Able to deal effectively and courteously with the public, employees, service participants, and management at all levels.
· Able to work under pressure with minimum supervision. Ability to work quickly and accurately.
· Cooperates with Transportation Manager, Division Director, Co-Workers, and the Public.
· Able to meet deadlines and responds to special needs and other duties as assigned.
· Strong knowledge and understanding of the roadways throughout Goodwill SOLAC’s and its Service Area.
· Meet the needs of both internal and external customers, to include specifically our stores/ADC’s.
· High School Diploma or its equivalent.
· Forklift Certification or ability to obtain. (the reason for ‘ability to obtain’, is Goodwill has its own certification program, as many companies do. It is not standard)
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
· Ability to work in a team environment in high pressure situations.
· Recent working knowledge of GPS (Tele-trac) Fleet Management software required.
· Previous position that has demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimum supervision.
· Ability to understand and follow simple & complex instructions.
· Previous warehouse or material handling experience.
· Good communication skills, bilingual a plus.
Knowledge of processing and handling materials in a safe and efficient manner.
· Able to work with a variety of people cooperatively.
· Good communication skills. Able to work safely and independently.
· Able to lift, carry, push, and pull at least 50lbs.
· Ability to work and supervise with a minimal supervision.
· Valid CA Class C Driver’s License
o clean, current DMV printout
o up to date car insurance
· Forklift Certification
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 per hour
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $14.00
- Max Hiring Rate $14.00
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Tuesday, November 10, 2020
- Long Beach, CA, USA