Sales - Sales Development Coordinator
EMPLOYEES ARE OUR GREATEST ASSET
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern Corporation for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets.
Great Northern exists to live out the core values established by our founders - integrity, personal growth, entrepreneurial spirit, and a shared future.
Our vision, "We help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future” is a call to action to deliver on building a people-centric culture, developing leaders from within, and sending people home fulfilled about their role and contributions. The "win" for everyone is a trusting and collaborative culture that helps us be at our best every day.
Our mission statement, "We help our customers win by doing what others can't or won't” gives us a clear purpose and raises the bar for performance. Doing what others "can't or won't" for our customers is demonstrated by a willingness to serve customers, value-added partnerships and proactively developing innovative solutions to our customer's challenges.
We are excited that you are looking to join our great culture. Here are some details about the position.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
In addition to excellent wages, Great Northern has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; life insurance; paid vacation; paid holidays; profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
Support sales development efforts through the unique application of value-added services and solutions provided to GNC’s accounts and targets. Provide sales support to new and/or existing key accounts, as directed. Bring value to current and potential customers, through problem solving and assisting customers with solutions.
POSITION CARRER PATH
This role is intended for long term succession planning for key leadership roles within the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING; OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Promote Great Northern Corporation products and services.
- Communicates and educate customers and account managers about specific products or services.
- Assist the VP of Sales, General Manager and Account Managers with prospecting efforts and marketing to prospects.
- Foster future sales growth by developing new opportunities or solutions with existing customers by maximizing current customer relationships.
- Update and manage sales database in Salesforce.
- Support sales team with training in Salesforce.
- Support efforts related to Salesforce, Pardot and social media campaigns.
- Summarizes monthly sales reports and sends to Account Managers.
- Attend business reviews and support the sales efforts when requested/required.
- Schedules and attends monthly focus meetings.
- Assist management in the forecasting and prioritization of seasonal business.
- Supports sales force with presentations to new and existing strategic customers.
- Assist in onboarding of new strategic accounts.
- Nurture long-term relationships with strategic customers.
- Assist internal team members with strategic project opportunities requiring urgency (RFQ, RFP).
- Facilitate tradeshow preparation, planning, hospitality and follow-up with leads.
- Facilitate ideation or entertainment events when requested/required.
- Provide competitive insights and opportunities to sales team leveraging knowledge gained from strategic customers.
- Duties to include working with the marketing, design, fulfillment, and customer service departments coordinating new strategic accounts/projects through these departments.
- Display or demonstrate product, using samples or catalog, and emphasize salable features.
- Establish self as a key member of the Sales Team.
- Develop and execute personal growth initiatives with the VP, General Manager.
- Attends monthly sales meetings.
- Attends training seminars and workshops to continue gaining product, process and sales technique knowledge.
- Attends trade shows as needed.
- Collaborates with VP of Sales Development to generate corporate INB report.
- Supports sales team with project or order expediating when necessary.
Standard office equipment.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Follows all PPE requirements when in our facilities and those of our customers.
HAZARDOUS MATERIALS EXPOSED TO
1. Varying weather conditions - rain, fog, snow, ice, wind, etc.
2. Possible exposure to various company products including paints, detergents, etc.
SIGNIFICANT WORKSITE MEASUREMENTS
- Standard office desk.
- Fully adjustable desk chair.
CRITICAL JOB DEMANDS
Several variables affect demands of job including: 1) potential travel territory; 2) size and bulkiness of samples; 3) equipment needed for travels; 4) size of drop-off order if vehicle will accommodate.
- Frequency of rare situations may be 2-3 times per month.
- Occasional to frequent positional/flexibility activities including trunk rotation, forward bending, push and pull.
- Continuous eye/hand coordination and prolonged periods of static grip for driving and various essential job functions.
- Travel will consist of use of automobile or air transportation dependent upon location of customer.
WORK RELATIONSHIP AND SCOPE
Reports directly to the VP, General Manager. Works closely with VP, Sales Development, Sales staff, Customer Service Manager, Design Manager, Graphics Manager, structural and graphic designers, commercial/consumer account coordinators, estimators, technical services, production, customers, and vendors.
MEASURE OF PERFORMANCE
Fulfillment of all job responsibilities. Meeting all customer and GNC specifications for quality, accuracy and efficiency. Accessibility and responsiveness to customer needs. Timely submission of all reports and expense accounts. Obtaining or exceeding annual goals. Friendly and professional behavior towards customers and employees. Effectiveness of communication and development of good working relationships with co-workers. Integrity of confidential employment, customer and business information.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Minimum education and experience is a Bachelor’s degree (B.A) in Business/Marketing/Design or equivalent.
- Minimum of one to three years’ experience in sales and or marketing.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, Pardot (or equivalent email marketing software) and ability to support social media and various marketing campaigns required.
- Comprehensive understanding of office procedures in a manufacturing facility (customer service, purchasing, production and sales).
- Previous experience in direct supervision/management preferred.
- Individual must possess a valid driver’s license and meet the requirements of the Personal Auto Fleet Safety Policy
- Excellent interpersonal, written, presentation, listening and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform mathematical skills to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions and percentages
- Ability to plan, prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Legible handwriting to record information and fill out forms
- Ability to operate computer
- Ability to solve problems and make adjustments regarding process and product using logical thinking
- Ability to deal with deadline pressures
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 8
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Chippewa Falls, WI 54729, USA