Summer 2021 Intern
Summer 2021 intern
USA TODAY seeks talented college students beginning in May or June 2021 for full-time paid internships on our Audience, Breaking News, Life, Money, Opinion and Sports teams. As an intern, you will develop and apply your experience and skills in a fast-paced, real-time newsroom environment. The internship will enable undergraduate and graduate students to develop, grow and become the next generation of talent for the USA TODAY Network.
Work with your assigned team to learn and sharpen basic and advanced journalism skills, including reporting, writing, editing, copy editing, digital production, research, investigative work and visual journalism.
Interns will gain experience in a virtual, 24/7 deadline-driven newsroom.
Critical thinking and analytical skills will be encouraged and sharpened.
Interns will participate in news meetings and learn how priorities for news content and coverage are set and executed.
- Degree-seeking student currently enrolled at a college or university
- Preferred majors: Journalism, communications or a related field
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, adaptable and flexible
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills
- Published writing samples and examples of multimedia work (photography, video, audio)
- Additional technical skills are required for some visual journalism and digital production roles, such as video shooting and editing and experience with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms
HOW TO APPLY
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply online, don’t limit your upload to a resume. Show us what you’ve done. Share a single PDF file that includes the following, in order:
- Your current resume – one to two pages
- A cover letter that outlines your interest in this role and how you would approach the job
- Links to online samples of your work. Show us what you’ve produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in this role.
- Job Family Intern
- Job Function General Administration
- Pay Type Hourly
- McLean, VA, USA