Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The primary role of distribution center support is responsible for the nightly distribution of newspaper and newspaper related products to our independent contractors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent the company in positive professional manner.
- Ensure that proper products, supplies, etc are distributed to correct contractor.
- Direct responsibility for nightly paperwork includes separation of carrier mail for various city routes.
- Handle separation of advance insert packages.
- Oversee returns process at the distribution center.
- Complete daily report for distribution center activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to complete basic math to include addition, subtraction, division & multiplication.
- Must possess strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must have basic mechanical aptitude to handle equipment such as manual/electric pallet jacks, and bundle strapping machine.
- Knowledge of carrier process
- Knowledge of packaging department procedures
- Able to work a flexible schedule at night with various starting times including holidays
EDUCATION: High School Diploma
EXPERIENCE: Warehouse experience preferred but not required
- Ability to lift 70 pounds and manipulate carts weighing 1000+ pounds
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time on hard surfaces
- Must be capable of reaching, squatting, pushing, pulling, climbing and kneeling
Ability to work indoors and outdoors
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family GateHouse Media
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fort Walton Beach, FL, USA