Content Marketing Specialist
Gannett’s B2B Marketing team is looking for a flexible, creative Content Marketing Specialist to join our driven and passionate marketing team. Reporting to the Managing Editor, the content marketing specialist supports our ambitious vision by creating unique and compelling content that drives traffic, engagement, brand awareness, leads, and customer success for both the WordStream and LOCALiQ brands. In this role, you’ll be a regular contributor to an award-winning, industry-leading blog with over 2 million visitors per month, as well as an up-and-coming blog built to support Gannett’s LOCALiQ brand. The right person for the role has great writing and time management skills and a strong grasp of digital marketing.
*Note: Applicants should submit a link to their portfolio or recent online writing samples with their application.
- Regularly write new articles for our two core properties, WordStream and LOCALiQ, covering topics that are relevant to core audiences, prospects, and customer bases, including both industry news and evergreen how-to content, to help us grow our audience and increase brand awareness.
- Help create content including guides, webinars, videos, and other formats to engage leads across the funnel.
- Collaborate with the content team to develop story ideas that align with our business goals and customer personas, then execute on those ideas.
- Support our organic search engine presence by learning and implementing SEO best practices.
- Help keep content across the LOCALiQ and WordStream sites up-to-date and in line with brand standards.
- Help build out our LOCALiQ Marketing Lab initiative, including writing and creating supporting educational content in various formats.
- Stay up to date with trends in content marketing and actively test new content types.
- Collaborate with the managing editor on initiatives to promote our content and increase audience engagement on social media.
- Become an expert in online marketing to instill LOCALiQ and WordStream’s content with trust and authority.
- BA/BS degree in marketing, English, journalism, or a related field, or equivalent working experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in a content or other marketing role.
- Familiarity with online marketing basics. Working knowledge of Google Ads, Facebook advertising, SEO, video, and other digital marketing channels and platforms is a big plus.
- Experience with social media marketing.
- Experience with content management systems such as WordPress.
- Experience at a software, SaaS, or B2B company is a plus.
- Job Family Marketing Administration
- Job Function Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- Arizona, USA
- California, USA
- Colorado, USA
- Florida, USA
- Illinois, USA
- Maine, USA
- Massachusetts, USA
- Michigan, USA
- New Hampshire, USA
- New York, NY, USA
- North Carolina, USA
- South Carolina, USA
- Tennessee, USA
- Virginia, USA