Social Media and Communications Manager
Ventures Promotions, a division of Gannett, is looking for a forward-thinking Social Media and Communications Manager who will report to our Promotions Marketing Sales Development & Lead Design Director to help implement and execute our social media campaigns specifically on our USA TODAY Network sites plus implement and execute communications involving promotions internally and externally.
An interest in and understanding of social media advertising (paid and organic) and the digital space is required. You will also need an understanding of social platforms from a content and advertising perspective and the ability to report on multiple promotional campaigns. Finally, a proven track record of exceptional project coordination, especially as it relates to organization, time management, and internal communications is a must.
This position requires an interest in organic and paid social media advertising. The capacity and organizational skills to coordinate and execute a high volume of social media campaigns simultaneously is also a must. The role also requires the ability to multitask and work with multiple teams to help successfully execute multiple time sensitive campaigns.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create, coordinate and execute a high volume of social media campaigns for Ventures Promotions.
- Coordinate campaign details with multiple internal teams to ensure campaign execution is aligned with internal and external client needs and shared in a timely manner.
- Create branded content social posts across multiple markets and papers. Use paid promotion to boost posts and target preferred audiences as required.
- Track all social posts, paid promotion campaigns and promotional budgets in a timely and organized manner so that they can easily be interpreted by others.
- Ensure social post content adheres to social media guidelines and best practices. Troubleshoot as needed within platform, with team or with Facebook directly.
- Coordinate with teams to provide insight if changes are needed. Write new copy, edit or reinterpret as needed.
- Organize multiple post and campaigns within internal campaign platform. Communicate social post schedule and needs with internal teams.
- Work with local markets to ensure post coordination changes if needed.
- Create, coordinate and execute bi-weekly Ventures and promotions newsletter.
- Create, coordinate and distribute timely Promotions information to various other departments/divisions to include in their communications.
- Seek out, create, and execute internal case studies involving the successes clients have had with their promotional campaigns.
- Organize case studies in a manor in which they are easily identifiable according to categories.
- Ensure case studies are accurate and contain effective copy illustrating the benefits of Promotions.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 1-2 years’ experience in social media advertising
- Knowledge or interest of Facebook paid advertising and knowledge on how Facebook’s Business Manager/Ads Manager tool works.
- Possesses strong organizational skills, great attention to detail, tireless work ethic, an ability to multitask and a thirst for success in coordinating media campaigns and disseminating campaign metrics.
- A passion or strong interest in social marketing, advertising, and the media industry are key.
- Must be comfortable working with a broad range of cross-functional staff—junior to senior, sales, marketing, editorial, design, analytics, etc.
- Experience with and/or an understanding of content creation and advertising social media executions on platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- An undergraduate degree, preferably in communications, advertising or marketing or a related field.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Working knowledge of Constant Contact and Social News Desk a plus.
- Job Family Consumer Marketing & Sales
- Job Function Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- Rochester, NY, USA