Staff Writer, Style
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than 260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, WordStream, and ThriveHive and U.K. media company Newsquest. There's never been a better time to join our talented team.
At Gannett, Inclusion, Diversity and Equity are core pillars of our organization and influence all that we do. We foster an environment that lifts all voices and welcomes everyone to take part in our journey into the future where every employee is heard, respected, and given an equal opportunity to thrive.
Staff Writer – Style
Reviewed/reviewed.com, a part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking a professional writer experienced in quick-turnaround journalism to join us as a full-time Staff Writer covering style—fashion and apparel.
The ideal candidate will have a deep curiosity about the world and an appreciation for smart service journalism. You’ll be part of a rapidly growing team and responsible for shaping daily content that enriches people’s lives. You’ll have a chance to share your work across the USA TODAY Network and beyond.
Our mission is to help people buy the best stuff and love what they already own. We do this by providing our audience informative, enjoyable, and genuinely useful content. As the style staff writer, you’ll be tasked with staying up to date on the latest trends and style news, so a passion for and interest in fashion is a must. That being said, this role focuses more on everyday apparel and less on luxury designer brands.
This position requires some editorial experience and a hunger for determining what is true about a product and what is just marketing hype. Previous experience with affiliate links is a plus. This is a full-time, salaried role working 40 hours per week.
This role will also require attendance on certain holidays or big sales, including but not limited to Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Amazon Prime Day. While we strongly prefer writers with professional experience, we are open to writers who only have experience with other kinds of publications, as long as they demonstrate an understanding of quick-turnaround content production and journalistic ethics.
Reviewed is one of the most influential sources on the internet when it comes to reviews of products like appliances, consumer technology, lifestyle products, and more. You’ll learn on the job and become a key contributor to a team of talented, like-minded product nerds.
The Staff Writer role reports to the style editor on our lifestyle team. We are open to remote employees, but staffers are also able to work out of our (truly awesome) labs in Cambridge, MA.
- Write and produce multiple articles per week.
- Work within your team’s editorial workflow to pitch, write, and publish stories in a timely manner.
- Produce your work in the appropriate CMS, with the proper formatting, image selection or creation, and link building.
- Be available to work during holidays and major sales, including but not limited to Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Amazon Prime Day.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience producing high-quality, rapid-turnaround editorial content.
- Ability to write within a clear format quickly and succinctly.
- An understanding of readers’ needs, shopping habits, and budget constraints.
- Creative ability to identify and execute related features.
- Basic photo-editing skills and experience with programs like PhotoShop or Canva.
- Understanding of consumer search trends and shopping habits.
- Competitive drive to be a leading editorial voice.
- An understanding of journalistic ethics and commitment to upholding high ethical standards.
- Knowledge of SEO a plus.
- Experience with affiliate networks, like Amazon Affiliates, Skimlinks, Impact Radius, Trackonomics, or others is a plus.
How to Apply:
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
1. Your resume – one to two pages.
2. A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
3. Links to 3-6 online samples of your work. Show us what you’ve produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Office work takes place in an open floor plan office, with several smaller meeting rooms and test labs throughout the building. Regardless of whether you’re onsite or remote, you’ll be expected to be accessible to the team throughout the day via face-to-face communication (whether in-person or over video calls), email, phone, and Slack.
Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. That’s where we can help. Reviewed brings consumers the most trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
Reviewed is part of the USA TODAY Network, one of the largest news networks in the country, reaching over 150 million monthly unique visitors.
- Job Family News
- Job Function Consumer
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Boston, MA, USA
- Cambridge, MA, USA