Distribution Center Assistant
Bedford, IN 47421, USA Req #12957
Wednesday, January 13, 2021
The Distribution Center Assistant is responsible for the nightly distribution of newspaper and newspaper related products to our independent contractors.
- Represent the company in positive professional manner.
- Ensure that proper products, supplies, etc. are distributed to the correct contractor.
- Direct responsibility for nightly paperwork includes separation of carrier mail for various city routes.
- Handle separation of advance insert packages.
- Oversee the returns process at the distribution center.
- Complete daily report for distribution center activities.
- Ability to complete basic math to include addition, subtraction, division & multiplication.
- Must possess strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must have basic mechanical aptitude to handle equipment such as manual/electric pallet jacks, and bundle strapping machine.
- Ability to lift 70 pounds and manipulate carts weighing 1000+ pounds
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time on hard surfaces
- Must be capable of reaching, squatting, pushing, pulling, climbing and kneeling
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors
- Able to work a flexible schedule at night with various starting times including holidays.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family GateHouse Media
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bedford, IN 47421, USA