Senior Director of Business Intelligence
Senior Director of Business Intelligence
Reviewed/reviewed.com, a part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking a talented Senior Director of Business Intelligence who is deeply curious and business-minded to lead our BI team. You’ll report directly to the General Manager of Reviewed and be the most senior data leader at the company, partnering with every team and executive.
Our mission is to help people make the smartest decisions about what they buy and get the most out of the stuff they already own. We do this by providing our audience with informative, enjoyable, and genuinely useful content.
- Raise the bar as we leverage large datasets to drive growth across all aspects of our business.
- Own BI strategy and the design, development, and maintenance of scalable solutions for ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, KPIs, key levers, etc.
- Work very closely across all teams to provide valuable data-driven insights and recommendations.
- Proactively provide regular updates on our progress towards our KPIs, conduct analysis, and flag anomalies.
- Work with product owners and stakeholders across departments to identify opportunities based on trends in data and provide valuable data-driven insights and recommendations that optimize business performance.
- Develop queries and visualizations for ad-hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting.
- Empower your partners in Editorial, Sales, Product, Design, and Engineering with the tools and skills needed to view and analyze business data.
- Monitor and work with multiple teams across the business to troubleshoot operational or data issues in the data pipelines.
- Manage an Analytics team and be responsible for their development.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years of senior leadership experience in business intelligence/analytics, e-commerce, and/or affiliate marketing experience preferred.
- Have a solid understanding of how different marketing channel strategies work together, including search, social media, email marketing, etc.
- You have demonstrated strong business acumen and the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment. Proven ability to solve complex quantitative business challenges.
- Expert-level knowledge of SQL combined with an understanding of big data and real-time processing systems and tools.
- Experience working with product and engineering teams in defining requirements for custom tools and reports.
- You excel at translating basic business problem statements into analysis requirements and working with internal customers to define the best output based on expressed stakeholder needs.
- Comfort leading and evangelizing a data-driven culture.
- Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams, from executive leadership to the company as a whole.
- You have no problem rolling up your sleeves and running queries yourself.
- Ability to manage a team, strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities are critical to success in this position.
How to Apply:
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
1. Your resume – one to two pages.
2. A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Our Work Environment:
If you’re based in the Boston area, the majority of work takes place in an open floor plan office, with several smaller meeting rooms and test labs throughout the building. If remote, you’re expected to be accessible to the team throughout the day via video communication, email, phone, and Slack.
Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. That’s where we can help. Reviewed brings consumers the most trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
Reviewed is part of the USA TODAY Network, one of the largest news networks in the country, reaching over 173 million monthly unique visitors.
- Job Family Business Intelligence
- Job Function Consumer
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Boston, MA, USA
- Cambridge, MA, USA