Distribution Center Assistant
The Barnstable Patriot located in Hyannis, MA is recruiting for a part-time Distribution Center Assistant working 20-29 hours per week. This is a night-time position usually starting between 11 pm-midnight and includes weekends.
The Distribution Center Assistant is responsible for the nightly distribution of newspaper and newspaper related products to our independent contractors.
- Represent the company in positive professional manner.
- Ensure that proper products, supplies, etc. are distributed to the correct contractor.
- Direct responsibility for nightly paperwork includes separation of carrier mail for various city routes.
- Handle separation of advance insert packages.
- Oversee the returns process at the distribution center.
- Complete daily report for distribution center activities.
- Ability to complete basic math to include addition, subtraction, division & multiplication.
- Must possess strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must have basic mechanical aptitude to handle equipment such as manual/electric pallet jacks, and bundle strapping machine.
- Ability to lift 70 pounds and manipulate carts weighing 1000+ pounds
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time on hard surfaces
- Must be capable of reaching, squatting, pushing, pulling, climbing and kneeling
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors
- Able to work a flexible schedule at night with various starting times including holidays.
- Job Family GateHouse Media
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hyannis Port, Barnstable, MA, USA
- Hyannis, Barnstable, MA 02601, USA