Senior Editorial Graphic Designer
Senior Editorial Graphic Designer
Reviewed/reviewed.com, a part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking a senior-level Senior Editorial Graphic Designer to help drive audience and shape the look of our content and brand. Creative individuals with ideas, enthusiasm, and hustle are strongly encouraged to apply. You’ll be part of a growing team and your work will be seen by millions on Reviewed.com and the USA TODAY Network.
We live by our mission: To help people buy the best stuff and get the most out of the stuff they own. Our recommendations and advice are trusted by millions because we put in the hard work, with rigorous testing and helpful, shareable stories that speak to a mass audience.
You are a graphic designer who thrives in a team environment, bringing to life the shared vision of multiple stakeholders.
You have a deep understanding of the impact that graphic design has on a consumer’s experience with a media brand. You have mastered the art of making shareable graphics for social media platforms. You understand how images, headlines, and copy work together to tell a story, and how a story can be repackaged across multiple platforms—web, social, video, and print—to tell a brand’s story.
The Senior Editorial Graphic Designer works in our editorial office in Cambridge, MA or remotely. This position reports to the Director of Audience Development.
- Produce graphics in a high-volume, quick-turnaround environment that drives engagement on social media, Reviewed.com, USA TODAY, and syndication partners.
- Collaborate with the VP of Product, the photography team, and the video production teams to create a unified visual brand.
- Help strategize and execute Pinterest, Instagram, and other campaigns to drive audience and affiliate conversions.
- Work with editors and writers to build infographics and design elements to enhance stories.
- Strategize across the company to tell a cohesive brand story across all platforms.
- Create graphics as necessary for multimedia projects.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in communications, graphic design, journalism, marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 4-5 years working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment. The ideal applicant will be a self-starter who takes notes well.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating beautiful visual design applied to editorial.
- Demonstrated excellence in visual design.
- Advanced proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Proficiency in branding, animations/motion graphics, vector art, and eye-catching graphics for social.
- Experience working in an editorial or ecommerce environment a plus.
- Proficiency in HTML is a plus.
How to Apply:
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
1. Your resume – one to two pages.
2. A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Our Work Environment:
If you’re based in the Boston area, the majority of work takes place in an open floor plan office, with several smaller meeting rooms and test labs throughout the building. If remote, you’re expected to be accessible to the team throughout the day via video communication, email, phone, and Slack.
Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. That’s where we can help. Reviewed brings consumers the most trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
Reviewed is part of the USA TODAY Network, one of the largest news networks in the country, reaching over 173 million monthly unique visitors.
- Job Family Creative & Design
- Job Function Consumer
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Boston, MA, USA
- Cambridge, MA, USA