Gannett Publishing Services, located at the Herald Times Reporter, is recruiting for a part-time, Operations Coordinator for our Newspaper Distribution Centers working 20-29 per week. This individual provides general support for a Distribution center performing a variety of tasks and responsibilities within home delivery including delivery of newspapers. Position requires flexibility to work varied nights and hours including weekends and holidays as needed.
- Distribution and handling of daily and non-daily products to carriers, haulers, retailers and consumers.
- Unload and load trucks containing various print publications.
- Open the Distribution Center and prepare for the independent contractor arrival by printing, preparing and distributing specified reports and paperwork.
- Utilize industry specific software to handle required reporting for center.
- General housekeeping of distribution center.
- Complete required documentation and reports for center as needed. Assist with delivering newspapers,
- Respond to and resolve subscriber service issues.
- Maintain and repair news racks throughout the designated distribution area.
- Assist with training Product Handlers or Product Coordinators as needed.
- GED/High School Diploma.
- Valid driver’s license, satisfactory motor vehicle record, dependable automobile, and liability insurance required.
- Strong organizational and communication skills required for a fast-paced environment.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft office.
- Good time management skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to push and pull carts loaded with newspapers weighing up to 500 pounds with assistance and repetitively lift newspaper bundles weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Previous newspaper or distribution/warehouse experience preferred.
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Marketing Solutions
- Pay Type Hourly
- Manitowoc, WI 54220, USA