Gannett Publishing Services
Performs advanced mechanical, electrical, data and programmable maintenance to maintain, diagnose and repair specified production equipment and systems and acts in a lead role to support efficient production operations as needed to achieve and maintain on-time production, product quality standards, low waste, and operational safety.
Work as part of a team to achieve and maintain on-time production performance including product quality and accuracy standards and operational safety including OSHA & EPA compliance
Perform following functions at an advanced level:
· Perform new equipment installations, upgrades and improvements
· Schedule and perform advanced mechanical & electrical maintenance, diagnostics and repairs on all designated equipment: CTP Imagers, processors, benders, press controls, printing units, reels, dampening & inking systems, inserting equipment, stackers, strappers, labelers, applicators, bindery equipment, conveyors, motors, pumps, dryers and other ancillary equipment
· Assist supervisors and contract service providers
· Inspect all repairs and modification projects
· Contribute to staff training and development
Always work in a safe manner and consistently utilize required safety equipment to promote top-of-mind safety awareness:
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Assist in leading safety compliance within the department including accident investigations and follow up.
· Complete required annual OSHA safety training programs: Lockout/Tag-out, Hazardous Communications, Personal Protective Equipment, Hearing Conservation, Blood Borne Pathogens, Forklift.
· Ensure all machine safety-guards are installed, functioning properly, and in use.
· Immediately report any potential safety hazards, operational concerns and all accidents/injuries and near misses to production management
· Provide timely & accurate information to management
· Immediately report equipment or product issues to production management
· Communicate scheduling needs to supervisors and/or production management
· High school diploma or GED equivalent.
· Trade Certified in electrical, machinists or specialty training required (Vocational school, military, trade).
Experience Required or Preferred
· Minimum five years related experience in electrical and mechanical maintenance, diagnostics and repair
Specialized Knowledge Required or Preferred
· Certified electrical training required (Vocational school, military, trade).
· Journeyman level electrical certification preferred
Universal Skills and Traits Preferred (i.e., excellent written or verbal communication skills; ability to work autonomously; self-starter; etc.)
· English language fluency: Speaking, reading and writing
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Proven excellent time management skills working in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
· Proven leadership ability
Technology/Equipment Expertise or Proficiency
· Good PC Skills including Microsoft Office: E-mail, Excel, Word
· Computer networking & electronics
· PLC and interface knowledge
- Job Family GateHouse Media
- Pay Type Hourly
- Columbia, MO, USA