Press Reel Tender
Gannett Publishing Services
The Reel Tender is assigned to perform printing related tasks to support efficient press operations as needed to achieve and maintain on-time production, product quality standards, low waste, and operational safety.
- Unload, inspect and properly stage newsprint rolls to allow first-in-first-out (FIFO) consumption.
- Document and report all newsprint roll transit or handling damage to press management.
- Deliver, stage & prepare newsprint rolls.
- Assist with reel set-up and operation.
- General maintenance including cleaning clamp/fork truck and compacting related equipment.
- Assist with waste newsprint recovery, disposal & recycling.
- Assist with newsprint inventories.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Complete required annual OSHA safety training programs: Lockout/Tag-out, Hazardous Communications, Personal Protective Equipment, Hearing Conservation, Blood Borne Pathogens, Forklift.
- Ensure all machine safety-guards are installed, functioning properly, and in use.
- Immediately report any potential safety hazards, operational concerns and all accidents/injuries and near misses to press management and supervisors
- Provide timely and accurate reports and information to the operations team and management.
- Immediately report equipment issues to operations team and management.
- Communicate scheduling needs to press management and supervisors.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- English language fluency: speaking, reading, and writing
- Previous print operation or industrial materials supply support experience.
- Minimum two years of experience operating similar equipment.
- Forklift/clamp truck experience
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Basic PC skills including Microsoft Office: Email
- Job Family GateHouse Media
- Pay Type Hourly
- Columbia, MO, USA