Business Development Associate, Paid
Business Development Associate, Paid
Reviewed/reviewed.com, a part of Gannett and the USA TODAY NETWORK, seeking an experienced ecommerce hire to join us as a full-time Business Development Associate for selling and managing ecommerce partnerships.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the affiliate and ecommerce industry and informed opinions on who—and why—to partner with certain brands and retailers. You’ll be part of a rapidly growing team and responsible for shaping daily content about products in Tech, Lifestyle, Home & Appliances, Parenting, and Health & Wellness. You’ll have a chance to work with the most popular brands and share your recommendations across the USA TODAY Network and beyond.
Our mission is to help people make the smartest decisions about what they buy and get the most out of the stuff they already own. We do this by providing our audience informative, enjoyable, and genuinely useful content.
This position requires affiliate experience and a deep understanding of and passion for the ecommerce and shopping industry. The position also requires experience and knowledge of paid search and advertising, and familiarity with affiliate marketing.
The ideal candidate has several years of experience working on affiliate and performance marketing, and can thrive in a metrics-driven organization with a focus on ecommerce sales.
You’ll be a partner on a growing team of managers focused on driving revenue and sales from new partnerships, retailers, and affiliate sponsorships. You’ll work and sell directly to brands, merchants, retailers and more to implement new partnerships and launch opportunities. You’ll build relationships with key partners in order to stay informed on industry developments and sales opportunities. You’ll recruit new brands and partners to help achieve our vision for the business.
The Business Development Associate role reports to the Senior Director of Business Development and preferably works in our editorial office in Cambridge, MA or from our corporate headquarters in New York City, NY. Remote employees will be considered.
- Selling of strategic e-commerce partnerships with brands across all relevant categories (Tech, Lifestyle, Home & Appliances, Finance, Parenting, Cooking, Health & Wellness).
- Manage daily outreach and sales efforts and monitoring of goals and affiliate objectives.
- Launch, monitor, track all partnerships and optimize and upsell existing affiliate partners.
- Research and scope any new potential expansion sales packages by building business cases and financial models to assess opportunities.
- Network and engage with others in the affiliate and ecommerce space in order to stay on top of market developments.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in business administration, communications, marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education/experience and/or training.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in affiliate marketing or ecommerce industry.
- Deep understanding of the ecommerce industry, evolving landscape, along with paid marketing and affiliate sales.
- Competitive drive and comfortability selling partnerships and marketing packages.
- An understanding of journalistic ethics and commitment to upholding high ethical standards.
- Affiliate platforms experience is a plus (Skimlinks, CJ, Rakuten, Impact).
- Paid search and affiliate marketing experience is a plus (Adwords, Social).
How to Apply:
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
1. Your resume – one to two pages.
2. A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Our Work Environment:
The majority of work takes place in an open floor plan office, with several smaller meeting rooms and test labs throughout the building. You’re expected to be accessible to the team throughout the day via face-to-face communication, email, phone, and Slack.
Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. That’s where we can help. Reviewed brings consumers the most trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
Reviewed is part of the USA TODAY Network, one of the largest news networks in the country, reaching over 133 million monthly unique visitors.
- Job Family Corporate Development
- Job Function Corporate Development
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Cambridge, MA, USA
- New York, NY, USA