Driver I (Part-time)
Gannett Publishing Services, located in Jackson, MS, at The Clarion Ledger, is recruiting for a part-time Truck Driver. This position involves loading carts and pallets and delivering items to our distribution centers in Jackson, MS and Shreveport, LA approximately 30 hours per week. Schedule can include varied nights, hours and shifts from week to week including weekends and holidays. Must be able to work a shift between 6 pm and 5 am.
- Deliver daily papers and products to distribution areas.
- Work as part of a team to help coordinate overall warehouse, press & packaging material handling operations.
- Inspect, operate and maintain commercial vehicles as well as forklifts and other equipment. Including verification that all equipment safety features are installed and properly functioning.
- Load, unload, inspect & stage newsprint, preprints, commercial print products and other materials.
- Various other miscellaneous duties.
Valid driver’s license, satisfactory motor vehicle record, dependable automobile, and liability insurance required. OSHA approved annual forklift/clamp truck operator training certifications. Good verbal & written communication skills, and mechanical aptitude required. Good PC Skills including Microsoft office preferred.
GED/High school diploma, vocational training preferred.
- Job Family Transportation
- Job Function Marketing Solutions
- Pay Type Hourly
- Jackson, MS, USA