Operations Coordinator (Dock Worker) - Part Time
Gannett Publishing Services
Las Cruces, NM
Gannett Publishing Services, located at the Las Cruces Sun-News, is recruiting for a part-time, Operations Coordinator for our Newspaper Distribution Centers working 20-29 hours per week. This individual provides general support for a Distribution center performing a variety of tasks and responsibilities within home delivery including delivery of newspapers. Position requires flexibility to work varied days and hours including weekends and holidays as needed.
Distribution and handling of daily and non-daily products to carriers, haulers, retailers and consumers.
Unload and load trucks containing various print publications.
Open the Distribution Center and prepare for the independent contractor arrival by printing, preparing and distributing specified reports and paperwork.
Utilize industry specific software to handle required reporting for center.
General housekeeping of distribution center.
Complete required documentation and reports for center as needed.
Assist with delivering newspapers,
Respond to and resolve subscriber service issues.
Maintain and repair news racks throughout the designated distribution area.
Assist with training Product Handlers or Product Coordinators as needed.
· GED/High School Diploma.
· Valid driver’s license, satisfactory motor vehicle record, dependable automobile, and liability insurance required.
· Strong organizational and communication skills required for a fast-paced environment.
· Good computer skills including Microsoft office.
· Good time management skills.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Must be able to push and pull carts loaded with newspapers weighing up to 500 pounds with assistance and repetitively lift newspaper bundles weighing up to 25 pounds.
· Previous newspaper or distribution/warehouse experience preferred.
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Marketing Solutions
- Pay Type Hourly
- Las Cruces, NM, USA