The DevOps Engineer is responsible for management and work in Cloud Infrastructure team at Nvoicepay. Main responsibilities include management of infrastructure, integration, testing and deployment, including workflow design and management and collaborating with engineering and other teams on process, needs, strategy and work. This position requires a deep understanding of our product capabilities, cloud infrastructure, code, process and technology. The DevOps Engineer must have a deep knowledge of our technology stack and exceptional communication, collaboration and development skills.
- Provides strategies and direction for infrastructure, integration, testing and deployment workflows, automation, process development, and process changes.
- Apply experience, technical knowledge and innovative techniques to resolve complex operational issues.
- Confer with various groups to design project and to obtain information on needs, limitations and capabilities, related projects, performance requirements and interfaces. Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and strategy constraints.
- Store, retrieve, document and manipulate code and data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements, storage and release.
- Develop and communicate information for quality assurance testing and validation procedures. Work collaboratively with QA team for project understanding for testing.
- Coordinate with developers on projects to ensure complimentary functional infrastructure and development.
- Assist with assignment and auditing of roles by job for compliance.
- Other projects, collaboration with other departments and stakeholders and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of three years of .NET C# and web development operations experience.
- Advanced skills in Powershell and Microsoft technologies, including C#, ASP.NET and Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in CSS, CSS3, and HTML5, XML, SOAP, REST API, Web Services
- Skills/knowledge in database technologies (Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle) including database development (T-SQL or PL/SQL).
- Excellent knowledge of web architectural, release and design patterns.
- Solid working knowledge of current technologies including object-oriented analysis and design practices (object modeling, use cases, activity diagrams, and UML).
- Experience with Azure Storage and/or PaaS Hosting, ASP.NET MVC and Expression Blend.
- Knowledge of SDLC methodologies (Agile, CMM, Scrum, Lean, etc.); ability to lead team in these methodologies.
- Account Payable Automation, Financial Technology or Payment Industry experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Engineering, Programming and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services. Writing computer programs for various purposes. Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes. Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system. Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, stories and models.
- Leadership — Ability to effectively engage, influence and motivate a team through positive example, development and communication. The ability to delegate responsibility and work to others and coach them to develop their capabilities, provide feedback, share information, manage performance, set goals, motivate team and address performance problems.
- Time, Resource and Task Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others. Assessing the value, importance, or quality of things or people. Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems. Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work and the work of others.
- Critical Thinking, Reasoning and Persuasion— Using logic and reasoning to recognize details of situations, identify solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Persuading others to change their minds or behavior or to try new approaches. The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events). Ability to identify the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts. Advanced problem-solving skills in analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Idea Fluency and Originality/ Problem Solving - Exceptional problem-solving skills, with ability to identify and drive win-win solutions. The ability to come up with a number of ideas about a topic. The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions. The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem. Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions. Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening and Speaking— Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times. Talking to others to convey information and procedures effectively.
- Administrative — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records in a database, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Data Manipulation and Verification – Ability to accurately record, verify, audit and follow-up on data within specified time frames. Ability to arrange actions within rules and procedures; ability to develop and refine the rules and procedures with business needs and replicate results.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience. Talking to others to convey information effectively. Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents. Professional-level written and verbal communication skills and exceptional relationship building skills. Exceptional written and oral expression and comprehension, including excellent presentation skills with an ability to partner with senior business leaders to understand needs and deliver solutions.
- Service Orientation and Social Perceptiveness— Actively looking for ways to help people while being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- People and Inclusion — Always striving to drive our business forward by positive and direct communication, collaboration, respect, acceptance and professionalism. Understanding how to give and receive feedback, manage conflict positively and work productively with others to solve problems.
WORK SCOPE AND CONTEXT
- Job is focused on specific area of business with established practices and procedures; job affects all roles and activities. Must work with operational timeframes but be flexible to changing priorities. Responsible for ensuring technical procedures and compliance standards are met.
- Decisions are made within scope of expected knowledge, are complex in nature and are used to develop systems for others. Decisions and results affect all departments, business decisions, payments and customers or vendors.
- Work affects flow, information, process, work and decisions of others and is operational and strategic in nature.
- Job has no supervisory responsibility. Requires leadership, teamwork, deep technical skills, analysis and knowledge and application of data to influence others.
- Contacts are made inside the organization. Internal contacts include the Operations, Implementation, Executive, Sales and other teams, leads and managers.
- Position requires contact with others - in meetings, by phone or by email. Interactions focus on data collection, problem solving, needs analysis and information exchange. Interactions are initiated both in person or electronically.
- Information exchange may include confidential or sensitive information. Leadership, technical development, strategic movement and problem-solving are primary objectives of this position.
- Normal office working conditions. Work requires regular sitting/standing at a desk, working with a computer. Job may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week during peak periods.
Development Operations/Cloud Infrastructure
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- $2.6B Annual Revenue
- 100+ Countries
- 2.0B+ Transactions per Year
- 8,500+ Employees
(as of December 31, 2019)
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
Despite many advances in our industry, the majority of business payments are still made with outdated and inferior payment methods, such as checks and cash. We envision a business world where every purchase is controlled, every payment is digital, and every payment-related decision is well-informed. In this future paperless state, payments will require little to no time to manage, leaving companies with more time for what matters most: activities that grow their businesses.
FLEETCOR’s mission is to provide businesses with a better way to pay, by replacing outdated payment methods such as checks and cash, and displacing the incumbent providers of those methods. Through the digitalization of payments, we create and support robust ecosystems which benefit all participating constituents: payment-making customers, payment-accepting merchants, tax-collecting governments, and FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR is a growth company, and we employ a simple three-prong strategy for growing our business:
- More Customers. We invest more than $200 million per year in sales and marketing, predominately focused on new customer acquisition. We continue to scale existing sales channels and headcount, enable our sales people with demand generation and other tools, and launch new distribution channels both internally and through partners such as ERP software providers, telematics companies, and banks. We will also grow our customer base inorganically through acquisitions.
- More Spend. We seek to leverage our existing customer relationships and capture greater share of their business payment expenditures. As such, we have developed various “beyond” initiatives, where we extend the utility of an existing payment product without degrading the core value proposition of the original product. As such, a customer can “buy more stuff” without sacrificing the controls and reporting which attracted the customer to our product to begin with. For example:
- Our Fuel card customers can enable their cards to allow non-fuel purchases relevant to their business, like allowing a painting crew to buy supplies at a home improvement store, so they can finish the paint job.
- Our Toll tag customers can use their in-vehicle RFID tags to make other “on the go” purchases like parking, fuel and fast-food.
For our customers, these product extensions reduce payment friction, saving them time and operational headaches. For FLEETCOR, these product extensions can increase our share of wallet with existing customers and can increase our products’ appeal and applicability to previously-unserved customer segments (e.g., non-toll urban dwellers). We also create new product offerings, developed internally or in conjunction with partners, to cross-sell to our existing customer base.
- More Geographies. We continue to seek attractive entry opportunities in major international markets, which we intend to pursue through acquisitions and partnerships.
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. We are therefore committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR’s culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results. Our entrepreneurial spirit remains strong across our global workforce, and we reinforce these principles in our five core values:
- Innovation: Figure out a better way
- Execution: Get it done quickly
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- People: We make the difference
- Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide “a better way to pay.”
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection. We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.
FLEETCOR’s COVID-19 Hiring Guidelines:
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are temporarily working from home. In addition, FLEETCOR implemented a virtual interviewing and hiring process, engaging with talent by phone or video and onboarding new employees remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family IT
- Job Function EMPLOYEE_NONSALES
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Employee
- Beaverton, OR, USA
- Portland, OR, USA