Technical Solutions Consultant
The Solutions Consultant provides pre- and post-sales technical consulting to customers and partners. This position works alongside of sales, partner and product management teams assisting with the development of new strategies, acting as a technical subject matter expert on our systems and providing product sales and engineering support. This internal and customer facing position is responsible for product research; communication, demonstration on current and future capabilities; understanding customer and partner technical needs; and recommending business and technical solutions.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of products, functions, features, technical requirements, integrations and benefits. Understand product capability gaps or functionality to define ways to handle them, stay current on competitive alternatives. Provide feedback to product group on customer requests, products and trends in the field.
- Actively engage in partner and enterprise customer/prospect meetings. Partner with sales teams as key technical resource for planning, preparing and executing on technical requirements.
- Manage pre-sales engineering work, and post-sales implementation hand-offs with user stories, solutions documentation and requirements. Provide clear guidance, appropriate for the technical depth of the audience.
- Lead Proof-of-Concepts (POCs) and evaluations. Design and deliver product solutions based on the necessities and competitive conditions. Demonstrate solid sales process by matching communication with requirements and solutions.
- Understand customer and partner needs and establish best solution or product that addresses requirements and provides business value. Perform assessments of requirements, hardware, software and security needs.
- Manage vendor or internal resources needed to support technology solution. Partner with product management team on requirements, solutions and timelines.
- Cultivate and grow existing customer relationships and help establish new ones. Contribute to product planning. Share customer feedback. Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Support professional services delivery, including field consulting, as required.
- Provide knowledge and training on products to internal team.
Generate original content, support company’s online technical presence.
- College education or equivalent required. Degree in business, project management, software development/engineering or equivalent experience preferred.
- 10+ years successful technology engineering, sales consulting or technical professional services experience to large enterprises (preferably in financial technology).
- Advanced technical, communication and presentation skills with experience in responding to in depth customer questions and requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Customer and Personal Service — Customer-focused with proven knowledge of solution-selling strategies. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and Talking to others to convey information effectively. evaluation of customer satisfaction. Actively looking for ways to help people. The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand. Demonstrated success in building strategic customer relationships at the C-level.
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of software engineering and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications, programming and understanding features. In depth technical skills and ability to learn, understand and process customer product requirements and hardware, software and security needs.
- Sales and Marketing — Ability to multitask and work in a deadline-driven, time-sensitive environment. Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes presentation and information strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales process. Persuading others to change their minds or behavior. Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences. Relationship building, including established contacts and relationships with potential customers in key markets, and maintaining those relationships over time.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience. Talking to others to convey information effectively. Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents. Professional-level written and verbal communication skills and exceptional relationship building skills. Exceptional written and oral expression and comprehension, including excellent presentation skills with an ability to partner with senior business leaders to understand needs and deliver solutions.
- Idea Fluency and Originality/ Problem Solving — Exceptional problem-solving skills, with ability to identify and drive win-win solutions. The ability to come up with a number of ideas about a topic. The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions. The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem. Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions. Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Systems and Security — Knowledge of relevant procedures, programs and strategies to promote operations for the protection of data, property, and institutions.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Compliance — Knowledge of controls, systems, regulations, and process.
- People and Inclusion — Always striving to drive our business forward by positive and direct communication, collaboration, respect, acceptance and professionalism. Understanding how to give and receive feedback, manage conflict positively and work productively with others to solve problems.
WORK SCOPE AND CONTEXT
- Job is focused on sales and technical areas. Must work with extended timeframes and be flexible to changing priorities.
- Decisions are made within guidelines but will be specific to customer, needs and specific requirements. Decisions and service affect revenue, all internal departments and customers and their suppliers.
- Work is primarily self-driven within goals and departmental strategy.
- Job has no supervisory responsibility but will be responsible for influencing many internal departments.
- Contact are made both inside and outside the organization. Internal contacts include all departments, but work is primarily with Sales, Engineering and Sales Operations. External contacts include customer contacts (C-level, VPs, Directors, Controllers, Accounts Payable and technical teams).
- Position requires regular contact with others - in meetings, by phone or by email. Interactions focus on presentations, problem solving, customer service, relationship building, persuasion and information exchange. Interactions are initiated both phone, email and in person. Headsets are used regularly for phone work.
- Information exchange may include confidential or sensitive information. Revenue generation and relationship building are a primary objective of this position.
- Remote office working conditions. Work requires regular sitting/standing at a desk, working with a computer and a telephone. Job may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week during peak periods. Travel is required.
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- $2.6B Annual Revenue
- 100+ Countries
- 2.0B+ Transactions per Year
- 8,500+ Employees
(as of December 31, 2019)
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
Despite many advances in our industry, the majority of business payments are still made with outdated and inferior payment methods, such as checks and cash. We envision a business world where every purchase is controlled, every payment is digital, and every payment-related decision is well-informed. In this future paperless state, payments will require little to no time to manage, leaving companies with more time for what matters most: activities that grow their businesses.
FLEETCOR’s mission is to provide businesses with a better way to pay, by replacing outdated payment methods such as checks and cash, and displacing the incumbent providers of those methods. Through the digitalization of payments, we create and support robust ecosystems which benefit all participating constituents: payment-making customers, payment-accepting merchants, tax-collecting governments, and FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR is a growth company, and we employ a simple three-prong strategy for growing our business:
- More Customers. We invest more than $200 million per year in sales and marketing, predominately focused on new customer acquisition. We continue to scale existing sales channels and headcount, enable our sales people with demand generation and other tools, and launch new distribution channels both internally and through partners such as ERP software providers, telematics companies, and banks. We will also grow our customer base inorganically through acquisitions.
- More Spend. We seek to leverage our existing customer relationships and capture greater share of their business payment expenditures. As such, we have developed various “beyond” initiatives, where we extend the utility of an existing payment product without degrading the core value proposition of the original product. As such, a customer can “buy more stuff” without sacrificing the controls and reporting which attracted the customer to our product to begin with. For example:
- Our Fuel card customers can enable their cards to allow non-fuel purchases relevant to their business, like allowing a painting crew to buy supplies at a home improvement store, so they can finish the paint job.
- Our Toll tag customers can use their in-vehicle RFID tags to make other “on the go” purchases like parking, fuel and fast-food.
For our customers, these product extensions reduce payment friction, saving them time and operational headaches. For FLEETCOR, these product extensions can increase our share of wallet with existing customers and can increase our products’ appeal and applicability to previously-unserved customer segments (e.g., non-toll urban dwellers). We also create new product offerings, developed internally or in conjunction with partners, to cross-sell to our existing customer base.
- More Geographies. We continue to seek attractive entry opportunities in major international markets, which we intend to pursue through acquisitions and partnerships.
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. We are therefore committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR’s culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results. Our entrepreneurial spirit remains strong across our global workforce, and we reinforce these principles in our five core values:
- Innovation: Figure out a better way
- Execution: Get it done quickly
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- People: We make the difference
- Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide “a better way to pay.”
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection. We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.
FLEETCOR’s COVID-19 Hiring Guidelines:
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are temporarily working from home. In addition, FLEETCOR implemented a virtual interviewing and hiring process, engaging with talent by phone or video and onboarding new employees remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family Analyst
- Job Function EMPLOYEE_NONSALES
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Employee
- Required Education Some College
- Beaverton, OR, USA